Tom Eckhoff - Tome - RIP

Cutter

Visit site
Tom died this morning at QA Portsmouth.

Karen and Tom wished there to be a celebration of Tom's life with laughter and happiness at a later date. I will post with details.

I am not sure how best to communicate to Karen the affection that so many here had for Tom. Is a virtual book of condolences a bit naff?

I will forward any posts to her.

Carpe Diem

Richard

Metabarca

Visit site
Never met him except virtually through this forum, where I found his voice consistently interesting. I'm totally shocked at the news. My condolences to his family from Italy.
Lucian

tazzle

Visit site
My deepest sympathies to Karen and Tom's family.

It was just a month ago, on 17th October, that Tom shared his diagnosis with us here. I'm sure he was heartened by the many messages of hope and support he received from forum members.

I shall remember him as wise and helpful, with a quiet calm that added greatly to the quality of these boards.

Rest in Peace.

Becky

Visit site
I have just heard the awful news. They say the best die young.

And that describes Tom perfectly.

I for one will miss him very much indeed.

My thoughts will be with Karen and his family.

Neddie_Seagoon

www.yotblog.com
Richard, I am truly shocked, it seems so soon since his diagnosis. Thanks for letting us know. I haven't the foggiest what to say to Karen, I am just another here who will be wishing her well as she struggles to move forwards in life.

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
What awful news.

One of life's good guys. My heartfelt sympathies to his family.

... Tom lived life to its absolute fullest and he'd, I am sure, have wanted us to celebrate his life and his love of sailing rather than commiserate his passing.

Cheers Tom, safe voyage. We'll all miss you.

iangrant

Visit site
Tom,
One of the best and we'll all miss him, he wasn't one for wanting sympathy.
He's one of those skidding through the pearly gates saying "that was one hell of a ride, what's next"

Ian

mogibear

Visit site
This is extremely sad and shocking news, he had a great many friends including myself. My heartfelt condolences go out to Karen.
Gary

jimi

Visit site
Tome's one of life's great free spirits, my life and many others, have been enriched by knowing him. If there was one person that could be relied on absolutely, it was Tom. That enrichment will never depart despite Tom's passing. Our heartfelt sympathy's especially to Karen who had been looking forward to many more years of fun with Tom. I remmber one of the first times I met Tom. It was when I was wresting with rethreading the GPS aerial cable and having trouble feeding the connected end through the conduits, Tom called me, said "Cut the end off!" and then started giggling .. I started having doubts about the wisdom of this, partic as he started having hysterics, so I cut the end off., he drove over fixed it up for me and then we went for a pint.. which he bought. That's the type of bloke Tom was, and I'll miss him dreadfully.