• Image 1.jpeg
    Image 1.jpeg
    319.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    328.5 KB · Views: 47

johnalison

Visit site
I judge menus by whether I have to search for at least one thing I fancy or whether I can make a choice from numerous potential delights, and in this sense the HL does well. However, at around £20 for a main course, it is going to come under the heading of a treat rather than somewhere I would pop in on spec. I don’t mean this as a criticism of the prices because I know that good ingredients cost money, and you can get probably much worse for the same money in many places. I think that the current situation has left many of us a bit reluctant to splash out, and to be honest, although I am not rolling in money I have trouble enough just spending what I have. It’s just a psychological thing which I suspect may be shared by many of their previous clientele.

Parabordi

Visit site
I judge menus by whether I have to search for at least one thing I fancy or whether I can make a choice from numerous potential delights, and in this sense the HL does well. However, at around £20 for a main course, it is going to come under the heading of a treat rather than somewhere I would pop in on spec. I don’t mean this as a criticism of the prices because I know that good ingredients cost money, and you can get probably much worse for the same money in many places. I think that the current situation has left many of us a bit reluctant to splash out, and to be honest, although I am not rolling in money I have trouble enough just spending what I have. It’s just a psychological thing which I suspect may be shared by many of their previous clientele.
Agreed, I think I will get cab into town

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
I have a problem with the menu's emphasis on lobster, crab, and prawns. I am allergic to crustaceans, so about half the dishes are off-limits (shame, because the allergy developed in later life so I know I like them!)

There are enough dishes I can eat to tempt me into trying it, though. But the big question is, is it dog friendly? If it isn't, my dog might entertain the rest of the marina by howling when he's left alone!

Coolcat

Visit site
I have a problem with the menu's emphasis on lobster, crab, and prawns. I am allergic to crustaceans, so about half the dishes are off-limits (shame, because the allergy developed in later life so I know I like them!)

There are enough dishes I can eat to tempt me into trying it, though. But the big question is, is it dog friendly? If it isn't, my dog might entertain the rest of the marina by howling when he's left alone!
In that YouTube video I linked on here previously they said that some parts of the restaurant would allow dogs. So you should be good (y)

Edit.....Too slow is me, I just noticed you had already got a reply about the video 😉

Last edited:

MikeBz

Visit site
The cost of eating out went up hugely during/since Covid and hasn’t come back, I doubt it ever will. I can’t see it would be a saving to get a cab into town (and back) either! I swore I would give up drinking in pubs when a his-and-hers round (decent pint and a glass of wine (often not decent I’m told)) hit £10, but….