Titchmarsh Harbour Lights

ianc1200

Visit site
Andrew told me about West Mersea Oyster Bar and issues with their landlord which meant the bar was closed and they opened the fish and chip shop in the High St, but that will now be run by somebody else whilst still being under their control. The main point was they themselves are coming to Titchmarsh and not having youngsters using a microwave.

shanemax

Visit site
Our club had their annual flotilla BBQ there last year. We were basically the only people in the restaurant but please confirm if my memory is correct this place used to be heaving 20 plus years ago with a wait to get a
table. ???

Plum

Visit site
Our club had their annual flotilla BBQ there last year. We were basically the only people in the restaurant but please confirm if my memory is correct this place used to be heaving 20 plus years ago with a wait to get a
table. ???
Yes, 20 years ago they were often busy but over the last 7 years was going down hill with, in my experience, poor food and poor service and deminishing customers. I am looking forward the the new fish restaurant in February 2024.

Plum

Visit site
Latest news is that the restaurant will open at the end of March. Refurbishment ongoing. The outside seating area is getting a makeover.

phatcat1

Visit site
Woolverstone Loch and Quay will have new tenants - Opening April 24. At the moment the plastering is being done and a new floor laid. Kitchen being re-built too. Windows have to be replaced as they don't meet building regs now. Apparently it has been a nightmare due to prolonged police investigation and then a long, drawn-out insurance issue as previous tenant facing arson court-case, but refused to surrender lease, so more legal wrangling.

No idea who is taking it on. MDL however, now spending quite a lot of money on the place

PaulRainbow

Visit site
My partner phoned the marina yesterday and she was told that, whilst the restaurant was hoping to be open for Easter, it was looking very unlikely this would happen.