Time for me to get another boat!

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Yep you are missing the humour :D. Of course Pershing 37 is better than fairline 30/34 in every way but Pete has made his budget clear

I wouldn't say 'every way', for example the Pershing 37 seems to be completely devoid of any internal cabin doors and the interior styling is a bit stark. But otherwise, its a very nice boat.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Otoh, guilty as charged re. having missed the humour.
Though for some reason I have a funny feeling that P wasn't actually joking...

For the record, I have a minor emotional attachment to Fairline from a) having owned one previously b) owning / running the Fairline Owners Club website and c) it was seeing a Targa 37 in the Blue Lagoon (Comino) that got me into boating in the first place.

I certainly don't think Fairlines are the be all and end all of boating. Whilst I do like Fairline's styling I'd be just as happy in a V39/40 or Portofino 35. I like Windy's too. And there's even the odd boat in the old Sealine range that I rate. And what (real) man wouldn't be tempted by a Nordhavn or other blue water boat. I'd love a big Azimut or 'Gusta too.

But at the 30ft size, I think the T30 is a better product than the S28 and I'm not interested in the French equivalents. If Windy did a boat of that size with headroom, that might be a contender.

Pete

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
I wouldn't say 'every way', for example the Pershing 37 seems to be completely devoid of any internal cabin doors and the interior styling is a bit stark. But otherwise, its a very nice boat.

This picture seems to suggest that the Pershing 37 has the same number of internal doors as a Targa 30...

129889_0_070320092125_5.jpg

Portofino

Visit site
Confusion centres around they do two versions
Open - as the name suggest -hence the curtain
Cabin. ". ". ". ". - with cabins + doors as per post# 164
An early 2000 ish will have arguably more desirable CAT 350's.
Later ( Ferreti ) Yanmar 370 !s
Most will be Med spec -A/C Geny Passerelle. Etc
Style wise not too far away from Fairline great Med boat and capable to easy cruise to the Baldrics ,so your not confined to SCM and mozzies .
Also no out drive woes going forwards no surprise €€€ bills
There are loads out there for sale .

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Also no out drive woes going forwards no surprise €€€ bills
For me thats the biggest reason to consider the Pershing. Give me shaftdrives any day over sterndrives not just for maintenance reasons but because the boat will feel more planted in marginal sea conditions and it will be easier to handle in the marina as well. Looks like a nice boat that yr 2000 Pershing 37. Reasonable hours as well

benjenbav

Visit site

benjenbav

Visit site
I think it's commonly referred to as a berth. Sometimes a bed. You use it to sleep on.

How do you get onto it? Triple salto with inverted pike off the small table on the right, or just march over the seating?

If the latter, wouldn't you bash your head on the ceiling when you clamber aboard?

Whitelighter

Visit site
I guess you climb in over the seating. How do you climb into the V berth of a yacht? Same setup, no one has complained and builders persevere.

Same setup seen in:

Sunseeker Superhawk 34/40
Bavaria 300/32 sport
Beneteau MC 32
Bayliner 2855/285

To name but a few

benjenbav

Visit site
I guess you climb in over the seating. How do you climb into the V berth of a yacht? Same setup, no one has complained and builders persevere.

Same setup seen in:

Sunseeker Superhawk 34/40
Bavaria 300/32 sport
Beneteau MC 32
Bayliner 2855/285

To name but a few

Not a criticism of this particular boat but of all similar arrangements. It isn't what one might call elegant. All a compromise, I guess.

Whitelighter

Visit site
Not a criticism of this particular boat but of all similar arrangements. It isn't what one might call elegant. All a compromise, I guess.

I agree, and to be honest it's not a layout I would want in a 37ft boat. I had a Bayliner 285 but at 28ft it was acceptable to get a stand alone dinette rather than a convertible v berth. In 37ft I'd want two cabins with doors and a saloon - ala targa 37 etc