Time for me to get another boat!

Greg2

Visit site
Interesting that you consider a bow thruster to be essential Pete. Having owned a Targa 35 we managed quite well without one albeit it would have helped on occasion. Friends who had a boat just shy of 30 feet absolutely didn't need one....the boat did exactly what it was told with twin ourptdrives. The difference in handling between that and our 35 was remarkable. Maybe you know something I don't about the Targa 30 but a bow thruster wouldn't be on my essential list.

jfm

Visit site
Ok, so offer for each of them 50k minus the required upgrade costs for each one and transport/vat as applicable, and see if any seller says yes. Plenty of fish in this particular sea, it seems.

capsco

Visit site
Ok, so offer for each of them 50k minus the required upgrade costs for each one and transport/vat as applicable, and see if any seller says yes. Plenty of fish in this particular sea, it seems.

So that will start with a 3 then?

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Interesting that you consider a bow thruster to be essential Pete. Having owned a Targa 35 we managed quite well without one albeit it would have helped on occasion. Friends who had a boat just shy of 30 feet absolutely didn't need one....the boat did exactly what it was told with twin ourptdrives. The difference in handling between that and our 35 was remarkable. Maybe you know something I don't about the Targa 30 but a bow thruster wouldn't be on my essential list.

We used to struggle with our T30, backing it into a berth the wind always caught the bows. I'm sure someone with more skill / less hesitation would have been fine.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Current equivilent is either

A75 (7.5" touch screen only)
C7 (7" screen buttons/rotary knob only)
E7 (7" screen with touch screen and buttons/knob)

I'm going for an A95

GPs receiver will work later MFDs
Raydome will not.

Other solutions get a c70 classic from ebay for a few hundred quid

Thanks Jez, that's a shame about the radar but it does look like there's a common and easy repairable fault with the C70 so chances are it could be salvaged. Alternatively I could bin the radar and lash on a black painted radome in its place (JFM stylee). Could put a TV aerial in it!

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Pete any thoughts on a Pershing 37 -shafty -similar size /price + med spec and plastic window surround ? there,s life outside Fairline:cool:
No chance. If you chopped Pete in half, it would say Fairline on the inside;) Now I would certainly be tempted by the Pershing

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Forget the emotion of a Targa.
Take a leaf out of Jez's book and get a flybridge boat.
You are planning on keeping it in the Med.
You will need the extra space.
A/C is a must.

Now I'm going to be even more controversial.
For me - you camp on a sports boat - whereas you can live on a flybridge boat.

There you go - I said it - I'll now stand back and wait for the flack

Er why does he need a flybridge boat or A/C when he's going to park next to you in SCM and any time he feels a bit sweaty he can just blag his way into your nice cool saloon and admire the view:D

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Agreed especially as the Med selling season is over and won't crank up again until next Spring. IMHO Pete can spend the whole winter waiting for the right one to come up

MapisM

Visit site
@Portofino, 'life outside Fairline' - I don't think so ;).
I must be missing something, because if this is your reply to someone suggesting to consider a Pershing 37 vs. a Targa 34, well, are you for real, P?!?

MapisM

Visit site
As for the overtaking, yes, when conditions allow!!
Haha, I just read this after replying to petem who thinks that there's no life outside Fairline. You must be joking, J.
Portofino machine is maybe a bit small to compare with a Sq78, but give me an Itama 10' shorter than Match, and I bet that I'll have time to have lunch waiting for your arrival, after returning to Antibes from Corsica in a F7 Mistral blow. :D

Portofino

Visit site
Haha, I just read this after replying to petem who thinks that there's no life outside Fairline. You must be joking, J.
Portofino machine is maybe a bit small to compare with a Sq78, but give me an Itama 10' shorter than Match, and I bet that I'll have time to have lunch waiting for your arrival, after returning to Antibes from Corsica in a F7 Mistral blow. :D

Actually funny you should say that the other day I was coming out of Antibes followed by a princess 65 ( or something? )
We were heading back W .
The seas were large beam and heaped up even more on the nose as we rounded the Cap .
The "65 " pitched about and slowed to 18 knots -I know cos I tried this speed -kinda still learning -
But down here I to went up one side skywards then down the other ,bow splashing The "65" got into my wake -to find it easier? Erh not for long -------

So I gave it more and happily sliced through @ 26 knots -cutting through -parting then as opposed to riding em .Goodbye "65"
Much smoother ride with a tad of flap down to get sharper section of the bow to part em

Last edited:

jfm

Visit site
I must be missing something, because if this is your reply to someone suggesting to consider a Pershing 37 vs. a Targa 34, well, are you for real, P?!?
Yep you are missing the humour :D. Of course Pershing 37 is better than fairline 30/34 in every way but Pete has made his budget clear

jfm

Visit site
sure you will, provided we eat it off plastic plates. You'll have to spend an hour picking up all the crockery and glass pieces and calming your passengers down, none of whom will have been to the loo or had coffee and cake served underway. In a f7 beam sea with 500 miles of fetch, no 75 foot deep vee will ride better than a fin stabilised p boat, itama badges or not. Happy to disagree though!

MapisM

Visit site
In a f7 beam sea with 500 miles of fetch, no 75 foot deep vee will ride better than a fin stabilised p boat, itama badges or not. Happy to disagree though!
I'm afraid we have to, on this one - see also Portofino post #156. :)

Otoh, guilty as charged re. having missed the humour.
Though for some reason I have a funny feeling that P wasn't actually joking...

Portofino

Visit site
sure you will, provided we eat it off plastic plates. You'll have to spend an hour picking up all the crockery and glass pieces and calming your passengers down, none of whom will have been to the loo or had coffee and cake served underway. In a f7 beam sea with 500 miles of fetch, no 75 foot deep vee will ride better than a fin stabilised p boat, itama badges or not. Happy to disagree though!

Ah - that explains why they do not have carpets , teak n holly floors all over instead -easier to wipe up the mess:cool:
Well at least there's somthing to talk about -next set of crockery -at the restaurant :cool: