Time for me to get another boat!

D

Deleted User YDKXO

You use it to sleep on.

I don't think that's it's primary purpose on this kind of boat. After all if the designers had intended this area to be a berth for sleeping, they either would have extended the seating forward which could be converted into a berth with an infill or they would have provided a walk round berth. Nope this is an Italian boat and Italians have a certain reputation to uphold;)

benjenbav

Visit site
I don't think that's it's primary purpose on this kind of boat. After all if the designers had intended this area to be a berth for sleeping, they either would have extended the seating forward which could be converted into a berth with an infill or they would have provided a walk round berth. Nope this is an Italian boat and Italians have a certain reputation to uphold;)

I suppose that when you get to be more interested in orthopaedic mattresses than sex swings you know your sportscruiser days are over.

After you with the Nordhavn brochure. :D

D

Deleted User YDKXO

I suppose that when you get to be more interested in orthopaedic mattresses than sex swings you know your sportscruiser days are over.

After you with the Nordhavn brochure. :D

I've always wondered what the flopper stoppers were for:D

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
re; Pershing 37
I sold two Pershing 37 Cabin version in recent years. They are great boats and eat the sea quite well. I did Force 5 beaufort, 2 - 2.5 meters waves in the Ionian last year in 18 knots.

Bad points - turning circle of a cruise liner literally
Good points - cockpit the size of a 45 footer
Ship like engine room
Interior is okay for two persons or a couple with two young kids for a short cruise of about 4-5 days.

Cabin version in good condition has a premium of about 25% more to standard open layout. I sold the one last year at 135k, and 120k the one this year both of them 2002 and with Cats.
They consume about 90 liter per hours at 25 knots with the Cats 355hp.

Pershing 37 is a very over engineered boat in my book at its size, unless you buy an American sportfish boat like a Cabo most boats in this length are inferior to it in build quality.

For a good condition one accept to pay around 100k. The one I sold this year to a German went looking all the med for one, when he saw the I had in Malta decided to budge in relative of price and condition.
I have one in Rome with Yanmar's which for me are inferior to the Cats but after 2005 the boat was made with these engines. Forget the one in La Spezia. PM for more info.

Last edited:

jfm

Visit site
Apologies for being so high maintenance but would a 3500btu a/c unit be sufficient to cool both cabins on a T30? My calc suggests marginal.
Nope. That is fairly tiny pete- I didn't know the major manufacturers made them that small. A rating of 10-12,000 btu/hr would be much better, 8000 ok, 6000 on the limit but just about ok. To put these number in context, I have 132k btu/hr total on sq78 and 10-12k for each of the smaller cabins. That's perhaps 25% overspecified, but still 3.5k btu is too small imho. BTW, you often get a bit less than the rated performance when the water is warm during august.

Andy Bav

Visit site
Apologies for being so high maintenance but would a 3500btu a/c unit be sufficient to cool both cabins on a T30? My calc suggests marginal.
I think it also depends on when you plan to go to the boat. We bought a 12,000 standalone unit from Aircon247.com for £329 delivered and in late July when it was 35 degree + we just about got by with 5 of us on board. We have been in SCM since Saturday and a tower fan keeps us cool - haven't thought about aircon unit once.

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site

+1 to what jfm said - 3500 won't be enough. I've got 16000btu on the T40, and that's enough to cool the saloon and the forward cabin, but not the mid cabin as well (it has been suggested that if I wanted to cool the mid cabin to the same degree, I'd need another 9000btu).

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
+1 to what jfm said - 3500 won't be enough. I've got 16000btu on the T40, and that's enough to cool the saloon and the forward cabin, but not the mid cabin as well (it has been suggested that if I wanted to cool the mid cabin to the same degree, I'd need another 9000btu).

That's interesting (as is JFM's comment above). According to the web...

"The general rule of thumb for sizing a pleasure boat is using the formula of 14BTU's/cubic foot (480 BTUs/cubic meter) of air conditioned space." (see http://www.flagshipmarine.com/sizeboat.html)

I guess a T30 saloon is around 12ft long by 8ft wide and 6ft tall. Of course the room is not square (there's a galley, a bog, a sofa and the boat tapers) but I'd guess this deduction is cancelled out by the space in the aft cabin. So 12 * 8 * 6 = 576 cubic ft. Multiply this by 14 and I have 8000BTU's.

So, as ever, JFM is spot on with his comment...

"A rating of 10-12,000 btu/hr would be much better, 8000 ok, 6000 on the limit but just about ok."

Pete

jrudge

Visit site

The factory t40 fit is 7000 for the front cabin ( like a fridge ) and 12000 for the saloon and rear cabin. This is ok but 16000 would be better.

MapisM

Visit site
is it too early for the Med based boaters to end their seasons?
End of season?!? You mean 2014, surely?
Ask Pinnacle, who kept complaining till the other day (he's now back home) that I didn't keep the A/C cold enough.... :cool: :D

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
End of season?!? You mean 2014, surely?
Ask Pinnacle, who kept complaining till the other day (he's now back home) that I didn't keep the A/C cold enough.... :cool: :D

Good point. I'm obviously not attuned to Med thinking. In the UK, its traditional to put the boat up for sale at the end of a shit summer and the nights start drawing in (i.e. round about now).

Perhaps things aren't so seasonal Med side?

MapisM

Visit site
Actually P, jokes aside, there is indeed a seasonality also in the Med.
And yes, I'd expect anyone interested to use their boat in the summer and sell her right afterwards to be actively trying to sell her by now.
Otoh, such folks probably began advertising the boat even earlier, knowing that selling a boat doesn't happen overnight.
Probably that explains why the adverts seasonality is not as strong as the seasonality of the actual boat use...