Time for me to get another boat!

John100156

Visit site
Looks like fun! What's that on the bathing platform, looks like some mooring buoys!

Does this bring back memories https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCtk8vOUj0I?

Great video - I had six of us on my T34 returning from Las Fuentes to SCM (26nm) and to my surprise she topped-out at 43k albeit tanks were 1/4 full, bottom was clean and sea state flat calm. A really great boat.

I found the basket and ball fenders floating in the lagoon, so thought I should retrieve them. I wonder if anyone recognises the crew member with he back to us on the T34? She clearly liked this boat better than the 'other' one....!

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Agree with above, I had a holding tank fitted to my T34 before it was transported to SCM, it was also a Mk2, so if you need any images I will see if I can dig them out.

Yes please! Where was it fitter? Is there any chance there would be space for a small gravity fed tank in the voids behind the panelling in the heads (Jez had a similar arrangement in his Bavaria)?

We did not have AC on our Targa and it was unbearable at times in summer, you could go for a portable which rejects heat through say a 75mm of 100mm hose, but much better to have one fitted.

Not sure if you would need two AC units though, having had a T34 I would definitely go for just cooling the saloon with the fan drawing air back from there and the two cabins, with a relief path for supply air into each cabin, the downside is control point of course, if one cabin wants it warmer/cooler etc, but one would suffice. 16k btu/hr would be more than enough. You could even go one size down, but the more cooling the better!

Can you recall if there's space inder the saloon sofa or the forecabin berth for an A/C unit?

John100156

Visit site
Pete, Not sure if these answer your question or how well the following images/instructions willlook but if you PM me your email address I can send them to you. Hope they help:

TargaHT_1.jpg

TargaHT_2.jpg

TargaHT_3.jpg

petem

John, thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Unfortunately yesterday my (T34) partner decided he wants to go it alone so I'm back to square one again! Still, I'm sure the description and pics will come in handy for others if not for me.

Bouba

Visit site

Unfortunately yesterday my (T34) partner decided he wants to go it alone so I'm back to square one again! Still, I'm sure the description and pics will come in handy for others if not for me.
94,000 views and two years and no boat. We all have a boat of our dreams, but I'd rather be on the water in any boat than waste time waiting for it. Not trying to be cruel but just saying

Portofino

Visit site

Unfortunately yesterday my (T34) partner decided he wants to go it alone so I'm back to square one again!

Having seen those pics of the engine ( in the kad44 thread ) some one upstairs is looking after you .
Reflecting -- T34 in its day was a great boat at that time --- things move on .Boat is fine it's just the aged drive train all the deffered maintenance issues that build up ,seller hoping to offload .

A fully Med specced example with no deffered maintenance issues on the VP stuff ,ie a file full of bills is gonna be hard to find ,and if you do find one --top end asking price -or be quick -- maintenance file will evidence / show why .
Aside a 40 ftr just gives a bit more space over a 34

Baia zero -worth a revisit ?

Last edited:

longjohnsilver

Visit site
94,000 views and two years and no boat. We all have a boat of our dreams, but I'd rather be on the water in any boat than waste time waiting for it. Not trying to be cruel but just saying

I think you'll find it's more like 15 years and no boat...............

I was somewhat surprised when Pete said he'd probably keep,the boat for 2 years and then move on to doing something different. Hardly seems worth all,the effort.

Boat2016

Visit site
I didn't realise it was going to be quite so difficult!

What's so difficult?

You do your research, decide what you want to buy, find the one you want, then buy, simples

Life's to short to worry about everything that could go wrong, I'm not keen on wasting valuable boating time

petem

What's so difficult?

You do your research, decide what you want to buy, find the one you want, then buy, simples

Life's to short to worry about everything that could go wrong, I'm not keen on wasting valuable boating time

I'm a bit reliant upon buying it with a partner. I did recently have everything in place and found what appeard to be the perfect boat however the purchase fell through. So it really isn't that simple (for me, anyway).

John100156

Visit site
Pete

What a shame, keep trying, it will happen.

I think you may soon have wanted a larger boat though. The T34 is a great boat and excellent if you had a place in Spain and used it as a day boat, but long stays in hot summer months can be challenging, trust me, we did 20 weeks once on one receiving visitors on occasion, yes challenging is the word.

Hurricane

Visit site
Pete

What a shame, keep trying, it will happen.

I think you may soon have wanted a larger boat though. The T34 is a great boat and excellent if you had a place in Spain and used it as a day boat, but long stays in hot summer months can be challenging, trust me, we did 20 weeks once on one receiving visitors on occasion, yes challenging is the word.

John
I think you know the T40 that I was suggesting - your neighbour's old one.

John100156

Visit site
Mike

Yep I know it very well, I have met the owner and know the previous owner well, it was berthed behind us and we went out on it several times, I believe the owner no longer has time to use it, so is eager to sell, a good buy I suspect. If Pete's interested I can pass on owners details if you have not already.

stelican

Visit site
Petem
If you are only going to keep the boat for a couple of years consider chartering.
No big outlay ,no breakdown /replacement/betterment fund needed ,no annual berthing fees no service or antifoul or valeting costs. no depreciation. no annual insurance Opportunity to have use of a bigger newer boat.
Why not try it for this year.
you never know a forum member might do you a good deal!