Well Pete,

With the T34 in SCM you can expect some of this:

Nicely tucked away in Soller:

1-1.jpg

Leaving Soller at dawn en-route to SCM:

30092008375.jpg

Playing with friends in the lagoon in SCM:

3.jpg

Anyone recognise the jalopy in the background……

JFM has a point though, whilst I miss whizzing around in theT34 (a lot) you don’t need the extra speed as much as more space below deck,that said I am a huge fan of the T34, a cracking looking boat IMO…

longjohnsilver

Visit site
I think I recognise the boat in the foreground, sure I saw Buster on the quay at Darthaven marina a few years back. Nice pics btw.

John100156

Visit site
2006 model boat, sold her in 2010; she topped out once with half tanks and six on board at 43k, passing Peniscola, one of the rare occasions she was WOT. I think the book said 38k top end, but she had a clean bottom and the sea state was like glass. F43 much more sedate.

MapisM

Visit site
Mike, your comments are spot on. It just feels like the Fairline designers put a lot more effort into the design, particuarly the details. Whereas the Cranchi had some rubbishy bits like the bathing platform that looks like its been bolted on.
Funny you should say that P, because by saying so you seem to imply that it actually isn't, while ...ermm... it definitely is.
Mind, the Z34 is one of their more longlasting and successful models (they built well in excess of a THOUSAND of them!), and through the years the swim platform has been redesigned.
The original (mid 90s) hull mould included an integrated small platform (a couple of feet or so), then they made a first extension with rounded corners, which is imho the better looking one, and eventually they made another one, just a little bit larger but with some funnily shaped corners which I always thought that must have been drawn on a monday morning after a hangover.
I guess this is the one you have in mind, because the "intermediate" version is already large and enjoyable enough, but with a cleaner design.

That said, I don't agree that more design effort overall was put in the T34 - it's rather a different type of effort: more aimed at pleasing the eye, as opposed to design oriented to efficient and industrialized building in the Z34.
Which was reflected in a more affordable price tag for the latter, without any real/substantial quality difference under the skin.
Mind, I'm not arguing with the part which is in the eye of the beholder of course. In a sense, it's rather the opposite: personally, I could understand if anyone would give 10 out of 10 to the T34 and 9 to the Z34. But only as long as the S34 would get a 7...! :)

Mind, I'm not trying to sell you the Z34 just because she happens to be one of the boats I bought myself.
I'm just saying that in my experience she's overall one of the very best boats in her class, hence worth considering - also because I would think that there should be plenty for sale at very decent prices.

Assuming that you are sure to stick to outdrives, that is.
'Fiuaskme - and as I just said I did buy a Z34, back in the late 90s - the type of boats Portofino keeps suggesting are the ones I would look at, in your boots.
Once you get used to shafts, there's only one way you would consider outdrives again: over your dead body! :D

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
P, point taken about the Z34 design effort. But if you made a boat from 'flat packs', I reckon it would end up looking like a Z34.

I actually really like the Itama's and Pershing's that Portofino suggests (who needs guar rails and non slip decks after all?) but I can't see the wife agreeing to one. Remember you're speaking to someone (i.e. me) who has owned and loved two Alfas (wife has had four Fiats).

Nowadays she's even more picky brand wise than me hence BMW (me) /MINI (her) plus Fairline. Its not snobbery (she hated the 520D courtesy car she had the other dayand can't stand Chelsea Tractors), she just reckons everything else is crap (women logic).

Adethefridge

Visit site
Sorry to hijack this thread but you all seem very knowledgeable about moorings in Spain and the Balearic's
I have a T37 which is moored in Portugal for the passed 3 years and I'm just in the process of looking for a new home for her some time in the next 12 months, can anyone advise me on the approx cost of a berth ideally in Majorca although I fear this may be out of my budget so maybe main land Spain SCM ?
I would be looking for a annual contract or longer .
Many thanks..

itspaul

Visit site
We have been out in Majorca since Wednesday and have now looked at a lot of different boats. And it's amazing how some brokers can't be bothered to return your Calls or when you do get to talk to them they are unaware of where on the island the boat is berthed ! The one we really wanted to look at a Gobbi 425 sc. the broker was unable to locate the keys and we haven't managed to find another to view. We have looked at Cranchi 36 mediterano which was nice but a little small Sunseeker portofino 400 which had apparently had thousands spent on it and was immaculate !!! It wasn't .....
Sealine s38 And a f37 both ok boats but presented badly
Majestic 420 flybridge. Which didn't even warrant getting out of the car !
Azimut 39 fly which was a lovely boat all apart from a disappointing flybridge
Which leaves us with a primatist 41 which we know very little about ( see separate thread )
And a targa 43 ........

itspaul

Visit site
Sorry to hijack this thread but you all seem very knowledgeable about moorings in Spain and the Balearic's
I have a T37 which is moored in Portugal for the passed 3 years and I'm just in the process of looking for a new home for her some time in the next 12 months, can anyone advise me on the approx cost of a berth ideally in Majorca although I fear this may be out of my budget so maybe main land Spain SCM ?
I would be looking for a annual contract or longer .
Many thanks..
Having been in alcudiamar office this morning your t 37 will go on a 12 metre and that will cost you @ £6600 a year
Hope that helps

Hurricane

Visit site
Having been in alcudiamar office this morning your t 37 will go on a 12 metre and that will cost you @ £6600 a year
Hope that helps

Less than half of that in Sant Carles
Some are paying a quarter of that for berths of that size in SCM

Why not sign up to the SCM berth holders forum run by berth holders for berth holders.
It is called SCMCHAT web address is www.scmchat.com - free - just click the register button.

BTW
I know of a 15m pontoon berth coming available in the spring - good rental price but the owner will sell the berth - 21 years left on the main lease. Got to be the cheapest way to run a boat of anywhere.

DazzyWoo

Visit site
Talking of S34's a certain poster hereaouts has just taken the plunge and bought one. Hopefully he'll start a new thread showing off his very nice new purchase.

Ah well that would be me. :encouragement: 2005 model, new interior and exterior upholstery, new canvas, recent teak, and upgraded electronics & maintained by VolvoPaul. Practically turn key condition and too good a deal to turn down. Hopefully complete on Tuesday.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
We have been out in Majorca since Wednesday and have now looked at a lot of different boats. And it's amazing how some brokers can't be bothered to return your Calls or when you do get to talk to them they are unaware of where on the island the boat is berthed ! The one we really wanted to look at a Gobbi 425 sc. the broker was unable to locate the keys and we haven't managed to find another to view. We have looked at Cranchi 36 mediterano which was nice but a little small Sunseeker portofino 400 which had apparently had thousands spent on it and was immaculate !!! It wasn't .....
Sealine s38 And a f37 both ok boats but presented badly
Majestic 420 flybridge. Which didn't even warrant getting out of the car !
Azimut 39 fly which was a lovely boat all apart from a disappointing flybridge
Which leaves us with a primatist 41 which we know very little about ( see separate thread )
And a targa 43 ........

There are loads of T43's in Mallorca. At one time there were 16 in Portals alone. Give James Blackburn at Fairline Mallorca South a call, he's got great knowledge of what's available.

Adethefridge

Visit site
Less than half of that in Sant Carles
Some are paying a quarter of that for berths of that size in SCM

Why not sign up to the SCM berth holders forum run by berth holders for berth holders.
It is called SCMCHAT web address is www.scmchat.com - free - just click the register button.

BTW
I know of a 15m pontoon berth coming available in the spring - good rental price but the owner will sell the berth - 21 years left on the main lease. Got to be the cheapest way to run a boat of anywhere.

That sound more reasonable, I have registered on the forum, just waiting for conformation , will I find the details of the 15 berth there ? Or can you PM me the details.