Time for me to get another boat!

Questor

Visit site
Can anyone hazard a guess what these controllers and holder are for?

5073701_20150429044203612_1_XLARGE.jpg

Whatever it is on the left is not in the best position in my opinion, as on mine when using the tonneau, rainwater does seep in around the arch and drips exactly where that gadget is.

I've tried for years to find a way of stopping it, but so far, nothing has worked.

Any ideas gratefully received......

capsco

Visit site
Whatever it is on the left is not in the best position in my opinion, as on mine when using the tonneau, rainwater does seep in around the arch and drips exactly where that gadget is.

I've tried for years to find a way of stopping it, but so far, nothing has worked.

Any ideas gratefully received......

That surely means that the bit on the left is a drip stopper.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Due to the limited supply of well spec'd T34's I think I might have to broaden my scope a little.

As V44's seem to be keenly priced, I might add these to the list. The way I see it, apart from the additional mooring cost (even this doesn't seem to be a factor at SCM) and anitfouling / polishing effort I canst see that these would be dearer to run than a T34 with the same engines. Is that true? I'm also thinking the additional length might make it more suitable for pootling so man math may actually make it cheaper!

I'm also not adverse to Cranchi Zaffiro 34's. Any thoughts on buying a 10 year old one of these?

Not keen on the styling of Gobbi's I'm afraid.

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
Due to the limited supply of well spec'd T34's I think I might have to broaden my scope a little.

As V44's seem to be keenly priced, I might add these to the list. The way I see it, apart from the additional mooring cost (even this doesn't seem to be a factor at SCM) and anitfouling / polishing effort I canst see that these would be dearer to run than a T34 with the same engines. Is that true? I'm also thinking the additional length might make it more suitable for pootling so man math may actually make it cheaper!

I'm also not adverse to Cranchi Zaffiro 34's. Any thoughts on buying a 10 year old one of these?

Not keen on the styling of Gobbi's I'm afraid.

V44?

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Pete I think a big factor in your case is that if you really want to do regular sorties to the Baldricks, an extra 10ft of hull is going to be well worth having. You're very fortunate if it makes no difference to your mooring costs at SCM and if thats the case, it seems very obvious to me to look at a larger boat. Yes it will cost you a bit more in fuel but as you say, man maths deals with that one. Maintenance will also cost you a bit more in principle but a much bigger factor in your maintenance costs will be how good a boat you buy in the first place. A 34ft lemon is going to cost you a lot more to maintain than a 42ft minter:)

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Could someone post a link to the SCM berthing rates so that I can check this? Or email me if easier?

Pete, this might be of interest, just found it with a Google search

http://http://www.marinapontoon.com/berth-details

I also remember Whitelighter saying his costs there were about 1/3 of those in Porto Montenegro. Presumably berthing costs there have fallen as I was quoted a year or so ago a similar amount to what PM are charging.

jfm

Visit site
Pete I think a big factor in your case is that if you really want to do regular sorties to the Baldricks, an extra 10ft of hull is going to be well worth having.
+++1, as has been said before pete. Perhaps the biggest waste of £££ you can make is to buy the wrong boat then have to change it. If you're in SCM you are going to want to cruise away from the place, and that extra 10feet is going to come in handy when you encounter some waves, which you will

D

Deleted User YDKXO

I also remember Whitelighter saying his costs there were about 1/3 of those in Porto Montenegro. Presumably berthing costs there have fallen as I was quoted a year or so ago a similar amount to what PM are charging.
I looked at berthing costs at PM earlier this year and I thought them to be reasonable but still significantly higher than SCM. The thing about PM of course is that any more you pay for berthing is going to be offset by the cost of diesel at €0.60/litre or thereabouts. That plus the stunning local scenery and proximity to the Croatian cruising grounds

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Pete, this might be of interest, just found it with a Google search

http://http://www.marinapontoon.com/berth-details

Thanks - interesting. A V42 would be OK for beam but would be a metre too long on length. Is there a tolerance at SCM?

longjohnsilver

Visit site
I looked at berthing costs at PM earlier this year and I thought them to be reasonable but still significantly higher than SCM. The thing about PM of course is that any more you pay for berthing is going to be offset by the cost of diesel at €0.60/litre or thereabouts. That plus the stunning local scenery and proximity to the Croatian cruising grounds

Absolutely agree Mike, lots of excellent reviews for PM and a simply stunning location. Bart seems to enjoy it there��

BartW

www.amptec.be

have you made your plans for next season Mike ?

I came yesterday with Ryanair flight from BXL to Podgorica, flight time 2h10mins, checkout and get rent car 30mins, drive to Tivat 1h35mins :)

and you 'll get this:

IMG_2314.jpg

IMG_2315.jpg

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
have you made your plans for next season Mike ?

I came yesterday with Ryanair flight from BXL to Podgorica, flight time 2h10mins, checkout and get rent car 30mins, drive to Tivat 1h35mins :)

and you 'll get this:

IMG_2314.jpg

That's awesome: easy travel arrangements, stunning scenery, interesting boats to look at, and on-board facilities for any passing pole-dancers. Ideal. :D

Hurricane

Visit site
Thanks - interesting. A V42 would be OK for beam but would be a metre too long on length. Is there a tolerance at SCM?

Yes
You pay for a nominal berth size.
ie - 8m - 10m - 12m - 15m - 20m.
You are then allowed 10% over the nominal length.
So, for a 10m berth, you are allowed to put an 11m boat onto it.
There is also a nominal width and you have to allow 3% in the nominal width for fenders.
All the above would need confirmation with the marina office.