tidal predictions

G

I wish to know the tidal predictions for Goreleston U.K.for September 2002. Is there an easy and cheap way of finding this information ?
Ray F

G

You could go to www.wxtide32.com. you can download wxtide32 as it is a free zipped programme. Tidal heights are based on Cork or Brest, and are within minutes of published times from HM Hyd Off. Even these times can be corrected within the program. I think the latest version is Wxtide26.

regards,
Philip

G

Can't help with your question, but I'm intrigued. Why would you wnat to know the tidal info that far in advance? I've heard of forward planning but....? Go on, please put me out of my misery.

G

Colin,
Thanks for your interest.We charter or hire sailing craft built in the 1930's by Hunters yard on the Broads. These craft are beautifully maintained as original except for a gas cooker. Needless to say they have no engines and hired craft are not allowed to navigate at night. A trip through Yarmouth must be made at slack water , lowering the mast, and quanting through a bridge. You will realise that low water is the only convenient time . We therefore need to know when low water is and it needs to be at such a time to enable us to clear Breydon water in daylight.We also have to hire the craft in advance before anyone else books that period.Breydon Bridge will lift for us but not during rush hours as it is a road bridge,and another factor to be considered. Why do we bother? These craft are a joy to sail and still outstrip all other sailing craft on the Broads.I hope this has helped to answer your query, and if you would like any further details I would be pleased to answer.
Kindest regards,
Ray