Thrown out of Ibiza

Richard10002

Visit site
Just seen n facebook that foreign, but European boats, are being forced to leave harbour and even an anchorage.

Presumably EU boats that aren't Spanish? :)

Have you got a link to the facebook page.... might be handy in discussion with some of the boaters on the canal forums.

Visit site
Ibiza is an island in the Mediterranean Sea.
Ibiza is part of Spain so its natives are Spanish.
To the Spanish any boat not registered in Spain is Foreign.
The boats in question are all from other European countries.

If any of the above should be causing you difficulty please do not hesitate to say so and I shall be happy to clarify for. you

Visit site
I won't hesitate.

"Foreign, but European"

What does that mean?
As I explained in line 3 above to a Spaniard any boat not Spanish is, by definition, foreign. If you had a boat which was registered it would, perhaps, be British and therefore European, nothing to do with the EU, a much older concept, but to a Spaniard foreign.

jordanbasset

Visit site
As I explained in line 3 above to a Spaniard any boat not Spanish is, by definition, foreign. If you had a boat which was registered it would, perhaps, be British and therefore European, nothing to do with the EU, a much older concept, but to a Spaniard foreign.
So are you saying all non spanish boats in Ibiza harbours and anchorages, including yachts, have to leave. Does that include marinas in harbours? Surprised I have not heard about it

Just_sayin'

Arrived. But thinking of a bit more east.
Visit site
I'm assuming that English isn't your first language.

My concern is that we last heard from some friends 8 days ago.

They had been refused port entry and were told to self-isolate at anchor for either 12 or 14 days, I can't remember.

Your post has done nothing to clarify the situation nor assuage our concern.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I wonder if this is another case where boats where left alone to sit at anchor as long as they stayed put , then they decided to move around to different anchorage and now they pissed off the official and that's why.
Be interesting to read the reason .

Reactions: NEB

Visit site
I wonder if this is another case where boats where left alone to sit at anchor as long as they stayed put , then they decided to move around to different anchorage and now they pissed off the official and that's why.
Be interesting to read the reason .
Hi Vic, That doesn't appear to be the case but you can read what I read and contact them for further info.
I'm assuming that English isn't your first language.

My concern is that we last heard from some friends 8 days ago.

They had been refused port entry and were told to self-isolate at anchor for either 12 or 14 days, I can't remember.

Your post has done nothing to clarify the situation nor assuage our concern.
I do speak more than one language but just because my command of the English language is so obviously superior to yours doesn't justify your assumption.
Being unaware of your concern I was , obviously, neither, trying to clarify nor assuage. I was passing on information and have given a connection to my source for the benefit of anyone seeking to know more.