The most normal piece of equipment you have forgotten?

CFG98

Visit site
Nail clippers.
Using a portable angle grinder is a mistake :)
Rigging cutters are too big.
A knife also a mistake.

Moodysailor

Visit site
Not boating related, but I forgot my cycling shoes once after driving 2hrs to the start of a bike race. Ended up spectating in my socks...

jamie N

Visit site
All ROV's have a 'hand-controller', or joystick thingy if you like, with which the ROV is controlled.
I went to Thailand and opened an ROV system freshly sent from the UK, where they'd forgotten to pack it.
Oops.
Facepalm - Wikipedia

Biggles Wader

Visit site
The genoa. It was at home for a bit of tlc and I went for a sail and forgot it. We decided to put up the storm jib, the only time Ive ever used it!

Daydream believer

Visit site
Not boating related, but I forgot my cycling shoes once after driving 2hrs to the start of a bike race. Ended up spectating in my socks...
Why did you need cycling shoes to spectate? Or do you just go to the event in the the licra & kit with " team sky" written all over it, to flash the hairy legs, but do not have a bike. :D

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
Not boaty, but on one of my field trips to Svalbard, someone (not me!) forgot to pack the toolkit we required to assemble our prefabricated equipment. We managed with a set of tools that included my Captain Curry pen-knife, along with a few begged, borrowed or stolen spanners etc.

Moodysailor

Visit site
Why did you need cycling shoes to spectate? Or do you just go to the event in the the licra & kit with " team sky" written all over it, to flash the hairy legs, but do not have a bike. :D

I was there to take part, having no shoes meant I couldn't so I spectated instead. I was there anyway - with bike & all kit except for shoes....

Gixer

Visit site
Not sailing related but I walked up tabletop mountain in Wales with a 5x4 camera only to realise I’d left the dark slide (thing that holds the film) at home in Sussex.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
I have been know to leave without a beer bottle opener, but have been shown how to use all sorts of its of metal ranging from a spoon to a winch handle to open a bottle of beer.

AngusMcDoon

Visit site
I have been know to leave without a beer bottle opener, but have been shown how to use all sorts of its of metal ranging from a spoon to a winch handle to open a bottle of beer.

A pipe wrench is as good a bottle opener as wire cutters are nail clippers. I don't think I've used anything else for years...