Tender

Bouba

Visit site
Few………..I doubt that
My first hotel is 500 kilometers....so about 20 minutes charging on the first leg of just in case electrons (I can it in one go)...then charge for free and start the next leg..another 500 km...rinse and repeat...
So less than one hour of charging on route gets me to Kent where I will stay for a couple of weeks....and that one hour is all just in case....what’s more that one hour represents a mere fraction of food stops, coffee stops, pee stops and mostly dog walking stops
I could not do the trip any faster in an ice

ST840

Visit site
My first hotel is 500 kilometers....so about 20 minutes charging on the first leg of just in case electrons (I can it in one go)...then charge for free and start the next leg..another 500 km...rinse and repeat...
So less than one hour of charging on route gets me to Kent where I will stay for a couple of weeks....and that one hour is all just in case....what’s more that one hour represents a mere fraction of food stops, coffee stops, pee stops and mostly dog walking stops
I could not do the trip any faster in an ice cream van 🍦
FTFY!! 😁

Bowlerhat

Visit site
We have a merry fisher 895 so would need to go on the roof bars.
Not sure whether this helps, but a stainless frame over the outboard(s) may make the launch and recovery easier. Quicksilver offer them as an option
on their 905 Weekend, which is a very similar boat.

IMG_0535.jpeg

colhel

Visit site
Ive got a spare tender (can't remember the make but similar in size to what you're considering) and a choice of outboards you can borrow to see if it's suitable. But, 31 kg for a tender may seem light on paper, but to manhandle that on to roof bars is highly likely to damage you, the tender and your boat. I've got and had various tenders and have settled on a 3D as although they're (obviously) lighter built, they're so much easier to handle and less likely (imo) to suffer damage because of this.
Our last visit to Dartmouth we used it to go up to Totnes and going ashore at Salcombe. My main issue was your sat so close to the engine the noise was all consuming. For your needs I'd go electric, as I will one day.

Boathook

Visit site
Plus 1 for the electric outboard, we had a Torqeedo as early adopters, with a 3D ultralight tender. Great combo. The ability to split the motor into bits to hand off into the tender was excellent. Would easily cope with the Dart usage you describe.
I've just purchased an epropulsion and after initial trials I'm impressed. I'm still wary about the range and how to recharge easily as I have limited electrical power on board and try to avoid marinas.

Martxer

Visit site
Ive got a spare tender (can't remember the make but similar in size to what you're considering) and a choice of outboards you can borrow to see if it's suitable. But, 31 kg for a tender may seem light on paper, but to manhandle that on to roof bars is highly likely to damage you, the tender and your boat. I've got and had various tenders and have settled on a 3D as although they're (obviously) lighter built, they're so much easier to handle and less likely (imo) to suffer damage because of this.
Our last visit to Dartmouth we used it to go up to Totnes and going ashore at Salcombe. My main issue was your sat so close to the engine the noise was all consuming. For your needs I'd go electric, as I will one day.
Couple in the berth opposite have a torqeedo and seem to manage ok with it.
I think your right about trying to wrestle it on the roof

Hurricane

Visit site
I could not do the trip any faster in an ice
Sorry this is "off thread"
But I wouldn't be very proud of those stats.
Our new mild hybrid XC90 can do 650 MILES on a single charge DIESEL.
When we came back from Spain last month we were running on Spanish diesel for a couple of weeks.
Driving from Devon to Berkshire and back a few times.
I'm sure we have done this conversation to death - but with an ICE, the recharge time is a couple of minutes.
Sorry, I'm just not a fan of electric.
For a number of reasons - the concept is all wrong.

Bouba

Visit site
Sorry this is "off thread"
But I wouldn't be very proud of those stats.
Our new mild hybrid XC90 can do 650 MILES on a single charge DIESEL.
When we came back from Spain last month we were running on Spanish diesel for a couple of weeks.
Driving from Devon to Berkshire and back a few times.
I'm sure we have done this conversation to death - but with an ICE, the recharge time is a couple of minutes.
Sorry, I'm just not a fan of electric.
For a number of reasons - the concept is all wrong.
It’s a trade off…while I might take longer to charge on a long journey…for the rest of the year I charge at home in a process that takes three seconds and no need to wash my hands, queue up, drive to the petrol station or go to a kiosk to pay.
Also I can charge for free in many hotels, or charge while parked at a supermarket or at the beach.
So all in all, not only is my motive power cheaper but saves me a lot of time each year

ontheplane

Visit site
I wonder how many hours you will waste charging it in various places
A lot less time than an ICE owner wastes at fuel stations.

My EV does 280m there or thereabouts - so that’s about 1 charge a week. It takes me 30 seconds to plug it in and 30 to unplug it so that’s about 52 minutes a year.

Assuming it takes an ICE driver 15 min to find a fuel station, putt up, fill up and pay and they do that every 10 days that’s 36 times a year or 9 hours.... a year...

What a terrible waste of time that is - how on earth do ICE drivers manage!