Tender

Martxer

Visit site
After recently moving to Noss on dart I have been advised this weekend that a tender is a good addition.

Any advice/ recommendations?

We have a merry fisher 895 so would need to go on the roof bars.

I have seen this as a tender and motor package seems ok, any thoughts?

Seago 240 Air Deck Inflatable Dinghy with Mariner 3.5hp Outboard Engine​

Thanks

westernman

www.devalk.nl
After recently moving to Noss on dart I have been advised this weekend that a tender is a good addition.

Any advice/ recommendations?

We have a merry fisher 895 so would need to go on the roof bars.

I have seen this as a tender and motor package seems ok, any thoughts?

Seago 240 Air Deck Inflatable Dinghy with Mariner 3.5hp Outboard Engine​

Thanks
Deflated it is only 107 x 52 x 32 cms - so it could easily go in a locker if you don't want to leave it on the roof.
Get an electric pump to inflate/deflate it though.

Bouba

Visit site
If you are keeping it on the coach roof and storing, retrieving and launching by hand...then I would get the lightest dingy possible...3D Tenders are very light, I have one and always liked (also great for a car boot)...get a size where you can put flat out on the deck, so it’s easy to inflate, or roll up.
If you want a motor then that becomes harder ...because you probably need to launch it without the motor and then put the motor on with the dingy in the water...so weight is everything

Elessar

Visit site
If you are keeping it on the coach roof and storing, retrieving and launching by hand...then I would get the lightest dingy possible...3D Tenders are very light, I have one and always liked (also great for a car boot)...get a size where you can put flat out on the deck, so it’s easy to inflate, or roll up.
If you want a motor then that becomes harder ...because you probably need to launch it without the motor and then put the motor on with the dingy in the water...so weight is everything
E propulsion. Floating battery if you drop it in and because the engine and battery come apart neither bit is too heavy.

Bouba

Visit site
I have a Torqeedo....and if asked I will always say go electric (except in the electric car thread where I’m often asked not to)....but if the person doesn’t indicate that they have the budget for an electric outboard then best not to go there...but launching a small dingy with an outboard attached by hand is very difficult off a rocking boat...and putting on a petrol outboard when the dingy is already in the water can be even harder....electric outboards definitely have an advantage

Elessar

Visit site
I have a Torqeedo....and if asked I will always say go electric (except in the electric car thread where I’m often asked not to)....but if the person doesn’t indicate that they have the budget for an electric outboard then best not to go there...but launching a small dingy with an outboard attached by hand is very difficult off a rocking boat...and putting on a petrol outboard when the dingy is already in the water can be even harder....electric outboards definitely have an advantage
Assuming others can’t afford an electric outboard. Seriously?

westernman

www.devalk.nl
Best to have a davit for the outboard.

slider1-1400x797.jpg

ST840

Visit site
I have a 15hp 2 stroke and it’s a hoot. 20 knots plus.
But I have a crane and it stays on my small RIB.
With the OPs boat I’d get an inflatable floor lightweight dinghy and an electric outboard for ease of handling and storage.
Without question.
Mine is a 5hp Tohatsu on a 2.8m tender. One up 15knotts!! Great fun!

Bouba

Visit site
Assuming others can’t afford an electric outboard. Seriously?
No...everyone here can afford it...but not everyone budgets for it...it’s all about priorities.....an investment that might only be occasionally used might get a reduced budget

Martxer

Visit site
Thanks everyone for your replies.
I can see the benefit of e propulsion but having owned an ev for the last 4 years I am moving back to ice due to electric short falls.
I am looking at a seago 240 airedeck with a 3.5 hp mariner 4 stroke, mariner weighs in at 17 kilos which seems manageable.
I did see an older couple craning their outboard off the tender over the weekend and it looked like a major operation.

Looking for minimal faff really.
The guy who said we needed one said they are ideal for crossing the river to Dartmouth to head into town for supplies. This would definitely be a benefit under the man maths rule of justification.

The tender would need to deal with some lively currents.

Seastoke

Visit site
Noss has its own water taxi now , we have a 3D air deck with 3.5 hp 2 stroke you can lie it flat , not sure you can do that with 4 stroke

Bouba

Visit site
Thanks everyone for your replies.
I can see the benefit of e propulsion but having owned an ev for the last 4 years I am moving back to ice due to electric short falls.
I am looking at a seago 240 airedeck with a 3.5 hp mariner 4 stroke, mariner weighs in at 17 kilos which seems manageable.
I did see an older couple craning their outboard off the tender over the weekend and it looked like a major operation.

Looking for minimal faff really.
The guy who said we needed one said they are ideal for crossing the river to Dartmouth to head into town for supplies. This would definitely be a benefit under the man maths rule of justification.

The tender would need to deal with some lively currents.
It’s going to take some man handling...better still two people....which ev did you have ?