T-Cut to clean gelcoat ???

CPD

Visit site
I know about Y10 and the wallpaper paste/oxalic acid trick, but I also (and heaven knows how !) have 2 pots of T-cut. Any experiences ???

MoodySabre

Visit site
Alan - if you are there on Saturday I shall present you with some Magic Eraser - removes all the scuffs and stains - non-abrasive non-toxic. Brilliant stuff. When Vince saw an ugly mark on the topsides (don't ask /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif) he thought that I had damaged the gel coat. To his amazement there was no sign of it two mins later.

If you are not there I'll leave in your cockpit (you are now on E pontoon and the marina bar loos are out of order /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

Refueler

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
to my eye T cut leaves a slight yellow tint on white gelcoat

[/ QUOTE ]

That is if not cleaned off well after - its something to do with seawater / sea-air I believe. I always buff off and then wash off then go over with a power cleaner such as CIF or similar ... my hull is white white.

CPD

Visit site
Thanks chaps, as ever.

[ QUOTE ]
If you are not there I'll leave in your cockpit (you are now on E pontoon and the marina bar loos are out of order /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Roger, made me laugh out loud that one /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

andyorr

Visit site
If you want to do a proper job on your gelcoat use 3M product Finesse II It is an excellent product used by many pro polishers. I've used it after Fastcut first. Finish with 3Ms Marine Ultrawax. Trouble is you'll need an electric low speed polisher and lambswool bonnets.

tross

Visit site
Try using the PVC window cleaner ( abrasive) it works very well about the same grit size as F3 and doesn't come with the normal "marine perchase tax"

Other threads that may be of interest