Sunseeker Stand - Southampton Boat Show 2021

ShaneAtSea

Visit site
I used to work with a ’friend’ who was obscenely
rich.

He went to look at a new Lotus in jeans and t shirt. the dealer basically threw him out. So he went to a competitor and brought one there, drove back to the first and in true Pretty Woman style told the salesman that he hoped that the loss of commission wasn’t going to be an issue.

W.

"Obscenely rich" and he bought a Lotus?

Did he get bored of Ferrari's?

:p

PilotWolf

Visit site
"Obscenely rich" and he bought a Lotus?

Did he get bored of Ferrari's?

:p

No sure he ever had one. Definitely some Mercedes that would buy a house here in some states .

I never liked it as it was green. But I’d have driven it to work if I could have got into the yard at work.

He had back issues which was part of the problem but remember him saying the new dealer accommodated him

W.

Mr Googler

Visit site
Is that still a thing? I was told by a broker decades ago they look for slightly scruffy people, in worn (but not worn out) boat shoes and a posh watch with a permanent tan.
Probably not anymore with smart watches etc…

TAG Connected is rubbish compared to the Apple iWatch ?

Portofino

Visit site
Shoes + watches .
They see the labels in the shoes on the dock .

Slam* have an outlet in Mondovi .Mondovi is a good rest / lunch / refuel the Bentley on the way from CH to the nearest marina on the Ligurian coast - Loano .
One reduced sailing shirt in a nice yellow colour - I bought it .
Its got some unknown to me sailing team bosses name embroidered on + the boat .

Sported it new clean on to the Monaco yacht show .Because it was new unwashed ( aka un trashed by Mrs Porto ) .
A broker after a new in depth look around of a boat , asked me “how the team was doing “ .
Puzzled look from me as a response he then went further “ Your racing yacht team ” pointing to the shirt logos “ team principals shirt “

After the sea trail run out and WOT - i fessed up .Bought the shirt yesterday from the Slam outlet .
”who is this guy again “: :unsure:Broker babbled on about America’s cup teams .

* Slam are an Italian high end sailing wear brand - clothes

Bigplumbs

Visit site
If you gotta tell us what Slam are they ain’t that famous .......... oh how some people believe that what you wear and look like defines you............ logos one shirts make me laugh

Mr Googler

Visit site
If you gotta tell us what Slam are they ain’t that famous .......... oh how some people believe that what you wear and look like defines you............ logos one shirts make me laugh
I thought you’d be along on this thread ???

Slam are a big brand…but with the WAFI’s ?

Nito

Visit site
Salesmen still trying to judge a book by its cover. I was in sales many moons ago, a chap walked in with a knackered Subaru Legacy looking like worzel gummidge. One of my colleagues was like, “Uh, look at this bloke, urgh can you deal with him”.

I greeted the chap nicely as with all my customers and didn’t judge him by his looks, clothes or car. We got on well, next minute he signed up for a brand new replacement Legacy, he used the car to go down to his second him in the west country.

The next day he brought his paperwork in, driving a bright yellow virtually new Porsche GT3 with split rims, full roll cage etc, he was a stunt driver by occupation. You should have seen my colleagues face as he grumbled, “why couldn’t he have brought that yesterday?”. My response, “exactly because of people like you lol” ;)

Clancy Moped

Visit site
Slam are a mid-range Italian outfit, I've had boots and deck shoes from them, they do a deck lightweight jacket which is school uniform for kids here.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Shoes + watches .
They see the labels in the shoes on the dock .

Slam* have an outlet in Mondovi .Mondovi is a good rest / lunch / refuel the Bentley on the way from CH to the nearest marina on the Ligurian coast - Loano .
One reduced sailing shirt in a nice yellow colour - I bought it .
Its got some unknown to me sailing team bosses name embroidered on + the boat .

Sported it new clean on to the Monaco yacht show .Because it was new unwashed ( aka un trashed by Mrs Porto ) .
A broker after a new in depth look around of a boat , asked me “how the team was doing “ .
Puzzled look from me as a response he then went further “ Your racing yacht team ” pointing to the shirt logos “ team principals shirt “

After the sea trail run out and WOT - i fessed up .Bought the shirt yesterday from the Slam outlet .
”who is this guy again “: :unsure:Broker babbled on about America’s cup teams .

* Slam are an Italian high end sailing wear brand - clothes
Have you still got that Bentley? Must be well old by now.

Portofino

Visit site
Crikey guys less of the hate .
The shop is in a open air mall a few doors down from an eatery we frequent for lunch .
Just coincide, plain coincidence and randomness i ended up wearing a team principles shirt .

When I was young a thief stole my GTI ( talking 80 s here ) in a haste I ended up with a Porsche 944 .Needed a car quick and it for sale locally .
The wind blew some gates across while I was parking and knocked the orange indicator light on the front wing .
Cracked it .No metal damage .
So I went one Sat am to the local Porsche garage dressed like a bag of $hit with the intention of going to the parts counter .
Walked in and asked were can I find the part ?
The shiny suited sales twits just laughed at me .
So i drive 60;miles from Hull to Chesterfield.When I arrived there was one 911 in black , just come in 1 yr old .
I parked my scrappy 944 near it and obviously looked @ it .Took a good look .
Up shot is I drove home in it .Back in the late 80 s 911s were like rocking horse €hit to get hold of .Never bothered fixing the 944 part ex it .

The following WE the first place I went to in it was the Porsche centre Hull .The look on there faces .
Needless to say the Hull centre closed down , did not last long with that type of attitude .

Croftie

Visit site
The following WE the first place I went to in it was the Porsche centre Hull .The look on there faces .
Needless to say the Hull centre closed down , did not last long with that type of attitude .
Don't look too tatty now - Porsche Kingston upon Hull
Image44.jpg