sunseeker parts

captaindan

www.discountfascia.com
Hi people

Just wondered if anyone can point us in the right direction for old sunseeker parts or weather sunseeker still make older model parts for sale as am about to mordernise a martinique 36. Any help will be much appreciated

kind regards

Dan

rosssavage

Visit site
Talk to Sunseeker.. :)

I've a 26 yr old Princess, and Princess are very helpful (and I'm not exactly a high value customer!!).

Had a new rudder cast from the original moulds a few years ago.

captaindan

www.discountfascia.com
I think i will give em a call tomorrow do you find you have a lot of issues finding parts or are they quite easy to get hold of as when i google i dont get a lot up (well nothing).:)for parts.

rosssavage

Visit site
Really depends... Some fittings are bought in by the manufacturer and they can be hard to replace. Eg I would like new port lights, but they are not made anymore.

Most bits actually fabricated by Princess are still available.

I needed a new rudder, rudder bearings, prop shaft, propeller and engine mountings for a big refurb. All supplied directly from princess (this was 2010), rudder and prop cast from original moulds, prop shaft and engine mounts sourced by Princess from their suppliers. A big help as Princess had the original drawings and specs, so saved me a lot of research time.

Water tank level sender failed, the company no longer exists but I managed to track down staff from the original company and they made a one off replacement by copying the old one.

Hopefully Sunseeker have the same excellent customer support (and there's no reason they shouldn't) but Princess have certainly instilled brand loyalty in me.

When that big lottery win comes in, guess where I'm going for a big new shiny boat!!

Robg71

Visit site
I possibly needed a new moulding for the air outlets from engine room...
Luckily I found it in the mud in the marina, after a bit of dive over the side....
sunseeker said it will be a long wait, doubtful we have the mould, and won't be cheap....

I wanted new doors as well, originals by Timage, but no joy there either.
Don't hold your breath....

what boat and what parts are you looking for??

good luck though...

dpb

Visit site
I have approached Sunseeker by email a couple of times for parts for my old Portofino and have never received an acknowledgement and was able to source what I needed elsewhere.( In one case I found that the trim used for the cable holes on my office desk were a near perfect match for the 'bullet hole' engine vent trims!)
I can't think of anything that is on my boat that could not be replaced from a non Sunseeker source....so what are you after?

MRC

Visit site
Try Rodney or Sasha at super yacht parts. Pm me if you want a phone number or email address.

captaindan

www.discountfascia.com
well in the galley there are some of the door lock handle fingy majigs that have sunseeker written on them, and I am looking to upgrade my dashboard and was contemplating newer dials should they be compatible and not to costly. and a new steering wheel. I am surprised that sunseeker never got back to your e mails I was under the impression that they would be helpfull.

rosssavage

Visit site
Steering wheels have a couple of standard shaft / tapers - pretty much any marine steering wheel will fit if you can find which one you have. Your steering system will be made by someone not Sunseeker, see if you can identify the manufacturer (morse, hynautic, volvo?) and check their websites for actual taper...

Plenty of aftermarket dashboard fabricators out there, don't have a link I'm afraid, but plenty on here have done it and someone will be along shortly..

Gauges will probably be VDO if volvo engines, and also other engine manufacturers also commonly use VDO. Pull them out and look on the back of the gauges. VDO will tell you which new fancy ones are compatible with your existing senders.

Sunseeker brand handles - harder to find possibly!!

Keithleask

Visit site
Hi I have a Martinique 39 and spoke to sunseeker about spares for this model and they were quite un helpful! I want to change all my windscreens, 4 pieces, and after many calls to them and no call backs as promised, I eventually managed to get an estimate from them for the replacements, bearing in mind they are acrylic and was quoted not less than "£10k " supply only . I bought acrylic sheets for the two side screens @ £180 , sunlight plastics in waterlooville are making the long curved front screens, £220 for tooling and £ 340 for each side , same material as the originals. Also bearing in mind that sunseeker farm out their screens to trend who were more helpful but still did not get calls returned etc.! Princess by all accounts seem to offer much better customer back up even for much older boats, well done princess!

rosssavage

Visit site
Odd really. No, I'm not rich, and will probably never buy a new boat or Princess approved used, but I have brand loyalty, not least inspired by their excellent customer support.

Their boat show attitude is also second to none - I was half way round a personal guided tour of a boat significantly larger than my house before the agent even asked if I had a boat (sure fire tyre kicker check).

Fairline oth didn't want me anywhere near their expensive plastic without almost showing them my bank balance!