Summer's here

DPH

Visit site
Summer\'s here

Managed to take the day off yesterday, what a fantastic day! Anchored just outside Newtown Creek about midday, wind was fairly strong force 4 so did a spot of windsurfing. How I ache today!

Mid afternoon was spent on the beach with BBQ and a bottle of red. After that took the tender up to the top of the creek, very picturesque at the top.

Finally back to Port Solent about 7.30 and it was still warm.

This is what boating’s all about, roll on summer.

Overdraught

Visit site
Re: Summer\'s here

Very nice! Our boat got damaged before we'd even got it on the water this year, so have had to resort to visiting Newtown Creek via the really long narrow footbridge and watching enviously! Hoping to be back on water end of the month for the bank holiday. Keep drifting off and thinking about Newtown Creek, Lulworth Cove....

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site

Can't boat this weekend, grr. But I can clean the rib, tinker with the outboard and look out my No 1s for the Commodore's sailpast next weekend. Roll on end of May, downriver for a few days sans SWMBO and smalls, weather/window depending followed by uprover with SWMBO and smalls for a few more days. Ahh, can almost taste the beer and wine now...mmm...

BrendanS

Visit site

Had a nice little trip from West Bay to Gosport yesterday. Coming into the Solent late afternoon it was absolutely flat calm, and sunny blue sky. My face is sunburnt

D

Deleted User YDKXO

That was summer. Its finished tomorrow according to the weather forecast but at least you made the best of it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

longjohnsilver

Visit site

[--word removed--] off to the Med and leave us to enjoy our good few days of weather in peace without you gloating!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Calm down you miserable old git and console yourself with the fact that it was pissing down in Majorca a couple of days ago. In fact, the torrential rain that is about to fall on you if it has'nt already originated in Spain, if the Met Office are to be believed