• Will be upgrading if current VHF dies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Looking to upgrade when prices come down

• Have to get licence first, but will upgrade following that

• Not interested after reading about alarms going off for weather etc

• Nothing wrong with current set, would get another non dsc if current set fails.

• Not interested at all in DSC

• Handheld VHF only

• Other

• Total voters

snowleopard

Visit site
only one AOL user can vote. this time it's you /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

further addendum to the RKS story - the reason he split with UKIP was that he thought he oght to be leader because he had the biggest ego and they wouldn't let him so he went off in a huff.

aitchw

Visit site
Re: Proportional Representation?

Brian, I have frequenly hinted/referred to PR in the various political threads recently. In my view it is worth the risks and would, after a few elections, settle to a system which honestly reflects the diverse views of the nation. I do not see a problem with proliferation of parties with particular if limited goals. Let it happen if that's the wish of sufficient people.

The big fear of the Tories and Labour is that their cosy, if sometimes uncomfortable, stranglehold on power would be threatened. Neither have the guts for it.

Howard
I am a firm supporter and have voted Liberal and subsequently LibDem for many years with that one wish in mind.

Forbsie

Visit site
Re: Proportional Representation?

I am of the opinion that for at least 80% of the population, it makes absolutely no difference what party is in power. Labour has done well in some areas and appallingly in others (particularly every single issue dealt with by the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister). This is no different from the Tories before them.

The main problem, as I see it, is that they all learn from each other how much they can get away with and how short a memory we all have. When the Tories "cut" the taxes, how many of you actually remember benefiting from all this extra money? I certainly can’t because it got taken away (and some) on higher fuel, booze, fags, dental bills, pensions tax, council tax/poll tax, etc, etc, etc. As for increasing taxes to pay for a better health service or teachers or police, it’ll never happen. This extra money goes their chums in Crapita or Jarvis or, as I discovered yesterday, EdExcel. Now all of you with kids will know that every year EdExcel seem to bugger up the exam system. Well they have now got the job of certifying Car Clampers and by all accounts they are doing an equally good job there! At least you can be assured that our hard-done by MP’s will have plenty of job security once they get thrown out of Parliament – but there’s nothing new there then.

There is no doubt that they are all as bad as each other, however, we do need a government. A spoilt ballot will just be laughed off. The only slap to this duopoly is a vote for the LibDems.

I didn’t like the Tories in their last term and they have been a dreadful opposition since ’97. I can’t stand Howard and am very distrustful of his shadow cabinet as I am of the predominance of Scots in the official one (and I’m a Scot myself!)

Rant over - I'm off to the pub.