Steelwork, south coast

ryanroberts

Visit site
I have a couple of bits of stainless work that need doing (well, one could be in corten) - substantial roof mounts for a large domestic solar panel and a smaller bit of work to mount a boarding ladder. Apparently there is no stainless steel at a reasonable price in the UK and most of the people I have contacted don't even return email. Does anyone know of anyone who will take on this sort of job?

tross

Visit site
I had a bit of a run -in with steve on a small project that dragged on and on for weeks and weeks which I paid for upfrount - he was bloody rude to me in the end and threw the money at me . He lost out on a much bigger job.

There is a guy in Ampress Park Lymington - Roger Figgures of Fusion Welding and Fabrication. I did ask whether he minded small jobs and he is happy with any size.
www.fusionfab.co.uk 01590 670708

ryanroberts

Visit site
Google - Stainless Steve Lymington
many recommendations

Yes, but someone who knows that somebody does good work for this sort of thing is better than googling, which is how I ended up asking here. If i wanted a new radar mast for 3 grand I would probably get my arm bitten off, but these are quite small jobs.

typhoonNige

Visit site
Another vote for Fusion in Lymington. I’ve also been very happy with Solent Welding and Fabrication at Fareham in the past when they were local to me.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
I have a couple of bits of stainless work that need doing (well, one could be in corten) - substantial roof mounts for a large domestic solar panel and a smaller bit of work to mount a boarding ladder. Apparently there is no stainless steel at a reasonable price in the UK and most of the people I have contacted don't even return email. Does anyone know of anyone who will take on this sort of job?
Home - Phoenix (316) Ltd

Plymouth might be a bit far but these guys are brilliant.

Hambleite

Visit site
Yes, Litrus at Hamble Point.

A couple of years ago they re-welded by steaming light bracket back to its base. To be fair, I did drop off the parts directly to them but even at 3pm on a sunny Friday before a Bank Holiday they turned this around really quickly for me.

I seem to recall smiles too!