Standard Horizon GX1600e can't hear Ch16

gallan947

Visit site
Hi Guys, just come home from a weekends sailing around the Solent, and I appear to be having an issue with my new (this year) SH GX1600e - After fitting in March I carried out new installation radio checks on Ch67 and Ch80 (as I was in Port Solent for winter) both came back able to hear me loud and clear.

I don't sail as often as i'd like, and am often short handed, so I do like to be sure I can get in touch with the CG if required, so Sat morning, again I did a radio check on Ch67 - which came back as loud & clear, I switched the radio back to CH16 and off I went towards Cowes - for a busy weekend there seemed to be very little radio chat going on, so i fished out my SH Hand held and kept it with me in the cockpit - and sure enough it's soon picking up radio checks & an instance of a motorboat hitting a yacht in Southampton water.. none of this was getting picked up on my GX1600e..

So I tried a radio check on CH16 - and heard nothing back.. I put both hand held and fixed VHF's onto CH 06 and could talk to my crew down below.. and I used the GX1600e to talk to East Cowes mariner on Ch80 on sat night with no issue.. so the problem just seems to be CH16

the settings on the channel select are INTL (as i've had a problem before with the hand held being set to Canada)

Anyone heard of this issue before? or suggest where to look?

many thanks in advance

Burnham Bob

Visit site
sure you've got the right set of channels? my standard horizon set has channel 9 and 16 on the red button and there are three sets of wavelengths, INTL, Canada and USA. does the display say 16 - apologies if this is all stuff you've checked

does 16 work on the other channel settings?

gallan947

Visit site
Hi - Defo says 16 - tried navigating to it from both the MIC and the main unit, I didn't try it with Canada or USA.. as from experience with the hand held I was certain it had to be in INTL