ST4000 Autopilot clutch

jimi

Visit site
Anyone else had problems with the clutch wherebye the pin with the D at the end comes loose and making it a lottery as to whether the autopilot is engaged or not, or whether its disengageable or not?

<hr width=100% size=1>

chas

Visit site
Yes! I have replaced the pin with a split pin which holds for a bit but then seems to get deformed and break. I would be very interested in a solution.

<hr width=100% size=1>

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
Look at raymarine.com , Customer Support, FAQ links. You should find Autohelm in there, and I recall a question or two regarding the very pin you are talking about.

I found this site useful when I recently had problems, which turned out to be a knackered belt. I ordered the bits from Greenham Regis who sent them the next day. Easy to fix and all sorted.

Hope this helps

<hr width=100% size=1>

colvic

Visit site
If the pin has worn lose then the plastic has worn down, and most probably on the clutch lever itself. Ours is some 17 years old and is still a good fit after at least 10000 miles of use, and I'm a bit surprised that it has come so lose. Is the tension correct when engaged? To stiffen thigs up again, would placing a washer between the lever and the outer two arms help hold it in place? Can't see how the pin being lose prevents you from disengaging the clutch.

Phil

<hr width=100% size=1>

jimi

Visit site
I've phoned Greenham Regis who seemed to know what I was on about and have ordered the bits ... c£30 incl postage .. daylight robbery!

<hr width=100% size=1>