ST 2000 storage

sailoppopotamus

Visit site
I just hide mine in an indoor cupboard on the boat. The unit itself seems fine, the power connector itself seems broken-by-design, in the sense that the plug on the autopilot can't actually screw on to the power socket despite being apparently designed to do so. The exposed socket corroded this season, which I fixed with vinegar-soaked q tips. FYI the ST2000 is (stupidly, in my opinion), not waterproof, so needs a waterproof cover when actually in operation. You can either DIY this or buy one off Ebay.

LiftyK

Visit site
Yes, mine lives in wastepipe with end caps. The fit is perfect. No rattles. It’s cheap and the only work required is to saw the pipe to length and screw on the end caps. I will try to post a photo. V

onesea

Visit site
No longer have ST2000 however I can say mine and my present tiller pilot live on the chart table.
When sailing they are on deck, ready to be used.

zulloboy

Visit site
Looks very nice, and I'm sure it works a treat in chilly old Blighty, but that colour would deliver you a fried ST2000 very quickly in the Oz sun. Or for that matter, even in Blighty given some of your recent heat waves.
Tell them to make a light-coloured one, and for the time being I'll stick to my mangled zip-lock bags when the weather gets up..

Buck Turgidson

Visit site
Looks very nice, and I'm sure it works a treat in chilly old Blighty, but that colour would deliver you a fried ST2000 very quickly in the Oz sun. Or for that matter, even in Blighty given some of your recent heat waves.
Tell them to make a light-coloured one, and for the time being I'll stick to my mangled zip-lock bags when the weather gets up..
I put a damp towel over mine to keep it cool in the med.
as for the OP. For storage I have a wood block with a hole drilled in it for the pin. Stuck to a shelf in a locker dedicated to whatever needs to go in there like all my others 😂🤦🏻

mattonthesea

ayearatsea.co.uk
Mine goes in the large storage space [quarter berth] along with all the other cockpit paraphernalia, cruising chute, spinnaker and any other bits I can fit in there!

Refueler

Visit site
I have predecessors .... AH1000 and AH800 ...

I never cover or seal them up - but leave them on the divan in main cabin - or take ashore to my workshop. I am against any form of cover etc. as IMHO - that locks in any damp etc.

In use - I also do not have any cover or protection ... they work in rain / spray ... in fact only failure is as others have found - power plugs and sockets.

The AH1000 did blow a part on its board one time few years back ... but that was down to old age !! I bought a spares or repair AH1000 and pal of mine swapped part and back in biz.
We found that parts were also interchangeable 800 >< 1000 ....

LiftyK

Visit site
Here’s a photo of the pipe in which I store either ST2000 or ST1000. They both fit perfectly. AC3A86FB-926E-46FF-9BD3-3E75953B07F8.jpeg