SSR help

Poignard

Visit site
On my boat the hull number, i.e. the serial number given it by Tylers, who moulded it, is on a label fixed inside the transom. You have to peer inside the stern locker with a torch to see it.

Hoolie

Visit site
Our 1989 boat has the HIN moulded into the gelcoat on the starboard quarter of the transom. It's back to front as in a mirror, but you don't need to be a Leonardo da Vinci to decode it!

Vaila1

Visit site
Hi M

I looked for all the years I had her and couldnt find either a hin or even a Seal sail number. Try the Seal Sailing Association website maybe?

Andy

pcatterall

Visit site
My application disapeared for 3 weeks then I got a letter asking for the HIN or for a statement that the boat was built pre 95. I thought I had put the build year on the apllication ( 1975) but have responded and await a reply.
So I would put 'pre 95' on anyway ( if it is of course!!) just to save more paperwork.

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
I did ours online in about five minutes flat and got the sustificate in the post three days later

Left the HIN number field blank (after reading the guidance notes and realising it was an optional field) but did give the year of manufacture (1969)