Spanish Marina for Winter Live aboard narrow search

jordanbasset

Visit site
https://www.thelocal.es/20210909/br...cy-applications-given-15-days-to-leave-spain/
'Some UK nationals who have had their Spanish residency applications rejected are being sent notices telling them they must leave the country within 15 days or risk being classified as illegal...
According to the state bulletin in question, overstaying can be considered a “serious offence” by Spanish authorities, with fines going from €501 to €10,000, a possible expulsion from Spain as well as a potential ban from the Schengen area for six months to five years.'

I would not risk it

kashurst

Visit site
That will also be the French, Dutch or anyone who doesn't have correct papers/or has not registered.
You should be aware anyone who stays more than 90 days has to register.
EU citizens can stay indefinitely in other EU countries. Freedom of movement to live and work as long as they are not a burden on a social security system. They may need to register for residence but that is usually very easy. Many don't bother registering.
Norwegian Citizens can stay up to 180 days in every 365.
British Citizens are now like any other 3rd country - no more than 90 days in any 180. If you want to stay longer you will need either residency or another form of visa.
Getting residency in Spain is now rather more complicated. You will also need to do a Spanish Driving test if you want a license as a resident.

billskip

Visit site
Having to register if you intend to be in an EU country for more than 90 days is not new.

Rounding up and deportation of those who fail to comply would be new.

Remember, not just Brits but all EU visitors are required to comply with this regulation - few do.

Failing to comply can carry significant financial penalties but, again, I have never met or heard of anybody who has been fined.
Yes, this has nothing to do with brexit, it's been a requirement for years AFAIK.

billskip

Visit site
EU citizens can stay indefinitely in other EU countries. Freedom of movement to live and work as long as they are not a burden on a social security system. They may need to register for residence but that is usually very easy. Many don't bother registering.
Norwegian Citizens can stay up to 180 days in every 365.
British Citizens are now like any other 3rd country - no more than 90 days in any 180. If you want to stay longer you will need either residency or another form of visa.
Getting residency in Spain is now rather more complicated. You will also need to do a Spanish Driving test if you want a license as a resident.
Rubbish

nortada

Visit site
And not just financial penalties- in the visa application I believe it states you cannot apply if you have a Schengen violation. With Covid and the new digital system, I think they will enforcing more. Even if they dont want to- other EU countries will put pressure on them- I see you Netherlands!
Yet to meet or hear of anybody with a Schengen violation.

I expect that they may keep that to themselves and I not mix with the criminal classes.?

Last edited: