Spanish boatyards

stroker_jim

Visit site
I have been given a very expensive quote by Vadero in Valencia for lifting out and antifouling my Bavaria 38 and they will not allow me to do the antifouling myself. Does anyone know of a yard that will allow this or alternatively some cheaper yards within a reasonable distance of Valencia?

kiboteam

Visit site
Hi Stroker,
I don´t know about Valencia, but if you sail to the south, like 100 miles, you will find Torrevieja, where you can do it much cheaper and do your own work. And if you go still more to the South, (South of Murcia) in Mazarrón, you can have one week out of the water, crane included and VAT included, for 175 euros, and you can do your work.

Regards,
M.

H

highandry

Kiboteam?

Ref: Torreveija, do you know what the local ruling on anchoring inside is now?.. I mean 24 hrs to buy stores, not take root. I need to get lifted out for anti fouling too, thought about Sotogrande ( I'm Med bound from Portugal) but if Marrazon or Torreveija are reasonable I'll leave it 'till then.

No preference for me really, just having a wander, no time limits, any info gratefully welcome.

kiboteam

Visit site
You can anchor inside Torrevieja for as long as you wish, as long as you dont invade the swiming area (marked with bouyes). You can always take your tender and go ashore, living it in the marina (they normally don´t charge you anything).

Mazarrón is pretty nice too, better sourroundings and landscape, but not so easy to anchor. I currently have my boat there.

H

highandry

That's good news Kiboteam. That gives me another option then, I appreciate the info, thanks.

H

highandry

That's kind of you Steve thanks, I'll give them a ring from the Algarve tomorrow.

emandvee44

Visit site
Boatyards Valenciana

Hi Jim,
You do not say what size of boat you have, due to your restricted profile, but we have just looked at marinas in the area, La Pobla de Farnals (just North of Valencia), Puerto Siles (Sagunto area) and a little further North Burriana.
They all have websites, lift out facilities and as far as I know allow work on own boats.

I hope this information will help you.

Cheers,

Michael.