Southampton Boat Show

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
I could have been wrong about the ceiling but just came away with the impression of being surrounded by wood.

I know what you mean Pete. I think it's because the Nordhaven aren't generally as open plan as your average gin palace, and the windows are smaller, so there is more wood, simply because there are more walls. The wood also often seems to be quite dark, teak or mahogany, which adds to the feeling of being "surrounded by wood".

MapisM

Visit site
The wood also often seems to be quite dark, teak or mahogany
Actually, it's rather the wood treatment that can make a difference - even more so than the essence choice.
Just look at the Akhir interiors in the pics I posted previously: would you believe that they are made in sanded teak?
But hang one, there's more.
Both boats are 30 years old by now, and that's how Cantieri di Pisa built them back in those days, go figure...! :eek:

jfm

Visit site
Nice boats MapisM. Scuse the OT, but there is a Cantiere di Pisa (next size - 24m - so it's pretty similar) up on our quai - was renting Deleted User's new berth for the summer - with a home made (or shipyard made) HT. Just in case it is of any inspiration to you... :encouragement:

8025FC27-7A5A-43DE-8654-30DFF12D4629.jpg

henryf

www.911virgin.com
I had a quick sniff round today, back tomorrow to dot the i's and cross the t's.

Some really interesting boats. I will save my thoughts until tomorrow suffice to say I think some will find them a bit controversial. An interesting suggestion for boat of the show.

Henry :)

Andrew M

Visit site
We went Saturday and Sunday, had a great time and were very lucky with good boat show weather both days, Really enjoyed it, got on lots of boats, liked the new Manhattan, Nordhavn always amaze me by feeling like they're hewn out of a solid, lots of other very nice boats of all lengths, the S65 was nice to see 2nd time around , that's got a lot in it for the size as has the Sealine 530, never seen one before but the Monte Carlo Yachts 65 (ok , not a mainstream choice) was quite surprising in so many ways, a lovely feel throughout the boat, fab build quality and a level of unusual, avant gard thinking that we haven't seen before.
Had a good while in the marquees, got sorted on most of my shopping list of bits or info, so all in all, another good show.

Firefly625

Visit site
Firefly, that comment can't just be left there - tell us more :)

Seaward had their new 42 aft cockpit, a truely lovely thing. However too much for us, but having a chat to seawards md they have a 39 aft cockpit in build which is twin cabin design so would suit us better and has full width cockpit so although shorter than 42, space slightly better used so have been invited to have a look at hull no.1 when launched.. Price eye watering and can't do anything quite yet, but nice to have a little plan and brochure and specs sitting on our kitchen table have been thumbed through quite extensively.

And as for "boat of the show", well of course it would be the seaward 42. But I very much doubt anyone will agree with me.

Last edited:

paul salliss

Visit site
If there was a pontoon boat there, I didn't see it...

I love the Seaward range. I will never understand why those style of boats seem less appreciated by the masses than the sparkly planeing hull style of boats. Seaward is just substance over style and for me that wins every day. Great boats...Go Seaward!!

jfm

Visit site
I love the Seaward range. I will never understand why those style of boats seem less appreciated by the masses than the sparkly planeing hull style of boats. Seaward is just substance over style and for me that wins every day. Great boats...Go Seaward!!
They very much are appreciated Paul. The fact plenty of us don't buy them doesn't mean we don't appreciate their strengths. It comes down to what you happen to want from a boat: a Seaward isn't a great choice IF you just happen to want a boat that works at rest as well as just underway, in warmer climes, or that can deliver big meals, or that is stabilised. But for the purpose they are designed for, they are indeed very fine boats.

Wavey

Visit site
Very taken with AB Lammina inflatable rib tenders, aluminium hull & hypalon tubes, 2.76m dinghy which would be perfect for us just 36kg, a really nice bit of kit!
We're going Thursday, primarily to look for a new RIB tender around 3m with console seating. Will take a look at what the AB range has to offer. Anyone notice other makes worth a look so I get more time to check out the stuff I can't afford :)