Southampton area

billskip

Visit site
I questioned why he thought it was relevant to looking for a berth. The fact is that it cannot be on the SSR because from what he says it is no eligible. Suspect there are issues related to this boat and finding a berth that the OP has not revealed.
Are you the police or FBI?
Many simply say SSR, the same as many use simple terms for various things.
Is the OP obliged to inform you of all his personal details because you are suspicious?
God help us, let's hang him, how dare someone say SSR instead of UKSR part 1.

Be careful folks be very careful, whatever you do don't say union jack otherwise suspicion will fall on you.

Tranona

Visit site
Are you the police or FBI?
Is the OP obliged to inform you of all his personal details because you are suspicious?
God help us, let's hang him, how dare someone say SSR instead of UKSR part 1.

Be careful folks be very careful, whatever you do don't say union jack otherwise suspicion will fall on you.
The OP is new, makes one post with cryptic content about an issue which is "difficult" and then disappears. I just asked him a simple question about the information given and the relevance to his question. What is wrong with that?

billskip

Visit site
The OP is new, makes one post with cryptic content about an issue which is "difficult" and then disappears. I just asked him a simple question about the information given and the relevance to his question. What is wrong with that?
Yes OP is new , well welcome to the forum.
If you make a post make sure you reply within 5 hours because if you dont your cryptic post will be considered suspicious and you have disappeared, especially if you innocently use any term that will cause suspicions, for example you can write " I have my 25 mtr Small Ship Regestered" but you must not write " I have my SSR."
What a welcome to a new poster eh?

laika

Visit site

In the nicest possible way…I think you may be alone in this. “SSR” (capitalised) is a very specific term referring to the part 3. This may be a simple mistake due to the OP not being familiar with terminology but I very much doubt that anyone aware of the distinction between part 1 and part 3 would refer to registration generically as “SSR”.

Boathook

Visit site
Yes OP is new , well welcome to the forum.
If you make a post make sure you reply within 5 hours because if you dont your cryptic post will be considered suspicious and you have disappeared, especially if you innocently use any term that will cause suspicions, for example you can write " I have my 25 mtr Small Ship Regestered" but you must not write " I have my SSR."
What a welcome to a new poster eh?
The OP made the post and hasn't been logged in since. The first reply was quite a while after his post. Whether the OP is viewing this without logglng in, the majority of us may never know.

billskip

Visit site
In the nicest possible way…I think you may be alone in this. “SSR” (capitalised) is a very specific term referring to the part 3. This may be a simple mistake due to the OP not being familiar with terminology but I very much doubt that anyone aware of the distinction between part 1 and part 3 would refer to registration generically as “SSR”.
I wouldn't have known that befor I registered my boat, but many people buy a boat with the number already on and believe what they are told.
However all I can say is imho it was totally unnecessary to pick the OP up on his mention of it.

dankilb

Visit site
Not really. The question was hugely ambitious (where can I berth a massive liveaboard boat in one of the busiest and most expensive areas in the world?) and some of the only mitigating information proffered (it’s on the SSR) turned out to be factually impossible, as well as logically irrelevant (never heard of a berthing provider in UK caring about registration). What more positive responses - aside from a few general suggestions of boatyards (that could’ve be looked up online) - could one realistically expect from this?

billskip

Visit site
Not really. The question was hugely ambitious (where can I berth a massive liveaboard boat in one of the busiest and most expensive areas in the world?) and some of the only mitigating information proffered (it’s on the SSR) turned out to be factually impossible, as well as logically irrelevant (never heard of a berthing provider in UK caring about registration). What more positive responses - aside from a few general suggestions of boatyards (that could’ve be looked up online) - could one realistically expect from this?
Read the Original Post..."constructive replies" requested...please explain how post 5 is constructive.
I agree to say suggesting yards or marina places to enquire, why is it necessary to criticize a poster because he wrote SSR?
This is supposed to be a friendly place although in my 23 yrs as a member sometimes I do wonder.

Sailfree

Visit site

If your answer is you can look it up online we can close this forum.

One of the best aspects of this forum is benefiting from others personal experience and the wide range of knowledge and expertise.

Personally I don't care whether it is 24m or 25m or on SSR but having a house in the New Forest and paying Hamble Point Marina Fees for some 16yrs I was interested in the constructive replies.

Blueboatman

Visit site
What is the air clearance under Northam bridge at Southampton, anyone know ?

There are or used to be biggish boats on the upper Itchen . And the Hamble river
But a harbour tug has quite a high wheelhouse (?)