Something for next year?

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
No need to state the bleeding obvious. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Had your names down already. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

FullCircle

Visit site
Ahem.

Me me me!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Note: Not open at the weekends, or Public Hols.

I propose a Nieupoort special trip, leaving the Oostende trip for the hardened early season travellers. Minibus or small coach for the day?

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Minibus or small coach is a risk - they'll want a deposit.
Who's going to put that up? What about no-shows?

Public transport, IMHO, is a cheap & safe option.
Nothing against Nieuwpoort (Air Force YC VERY good) but it's the end of beyond - no rail connection.
Whereas in Ostend you could get a direct train to Antwerp and then change to catch the train to Puurs (Duvel brewery) for the princely sum of €14.10 (www.nmbs.be)

FullCircle

Visit site
There is a tram that runs from the marina road exit into Oostende, about 10km I think, every 30 mins or so.

Magna C and I both went to Air Force YC this year, and were knocked out with the place.

You are prob right though. I am happy to book a Transit taxi when we get to Oostende. We may need assistance in returning! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
17 kms to be exact - tram service is good, but stops about every half km. Journey takes over an hour.

When we kept Yanita in Ostend I got lifts from St Albans to Nieuwpoort on a regular basis.

Colvic Watson

Visit site
Count us in - for the meet and the return, mid season would be about when we bring 'Muddy Paws' back from her berth in Nieuwpoort. The KYCN restaurant is the best and Nieuwpoort is a jolly nice place.

Colvic Watson

Visit site
Yes - got stuck between some awful weather and the start of term. We enquired about a marina berth for a 2 weeks and it came to over £100 a week. We then asked about storage ashore and it was 200 euros for the whole 6 months. It's annoying not to be able to pop down to Faversham to do a few odd jobs but we've had 3 great weekends on board and I seem to be spending less at the chandlers! Can't wait to sail her back though...