Snow foamer

Minerva

Visit site
Err, have a quick scan through the MSDS, and the Hazard statements in particular.

https://www.saxon-brands.com/backend/files/product/multipleFile/MCL2990_MCL2990SNOWFOAM.pdf

Hazard statements in full

H302 Harmful if swallowed.
H312 Harmful in contact with skin.
H315 Causes skin irritation.
H318 Causes serious eye damage.
H319 Causes serious eye irritation.
H332 Harmful if inhaled.
H400 Very toxic to aquatic life.
H410 Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
H411 Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
H412 Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.

Precautionary statements
SNOW FOAM
P264 Wash contaminated skin thoroughly after handling.
P273 Avoid release to the environment.

14.5. Environmental hazards
Environmentally hazardous substance/marine pollutant

I'd be going with - no probably best not to use on the boat afloat and rinse straight out to the environment. Use whilst on the hard? potentially / probably.

Seastoke

Visit site
Ah well, it's a shame you want to use the wrong stuff, seeing as it's everybody's planet and that we share it with the fish.
Sigh
Your previous pompous posts, have now turned into Antipathy by you not finding the spec and because I can’t find it.54BD6748-79BE-41EE-A25E-5002DFACA390.jpeg

Momac

Visit site
Any suggestions for environmentally friendlier snow foam or other boat wash products ?

jrudge

Visit site
I have never used it on a car or boat. I have seen videos etc and I would imagine a major issue would be the foam getting on other boats. Pollution aside I would also suspect that foam floating all over the marina may not be a great look.

Momac

Visit site
I bought a litre of snow foam as it was on offer.
I used it on the boat today well diluted in a bucket of water - no pressure washer or the like. The boat is ashore.
The suds do cling to the surface well and help dissolve dirt well . My boat was very green after standing ashore near trees since October.
I did use a mop a brush and a cloth.
A stiff brush on the slip resistant GRP surfaces was required but it was an easy job since the product certainly loosened the dirt .
Two passes required as the boat really was filthy with green algae.
So snow foam meets with my approval.

Dino

Visit site
For those concerned about the pollution side of things Bilt Hamber have a sugar based product that is worth considering.

Touch-Less - Bilt Hamber
I decided to give the Bilt Hamber Touchless a go on Saturday. I had sprayed my boat and my Dads boat in Wet & Forget a few weeks ago to kill off the green. So I tried the Bilt Hamber Touchless in a pump sprayer rather than a snow foamer. Touchless is a pre wash treatment. I had read that it uses a lot less in a pump sprayer. I used 60ml in 1.5 litres of water. It worked a treat. I sprayed it on and left it for 5 minutes. I power washed it with an old Karcher and it took off all the dirt and grime after the winter. No scrubbing required.
I then went over the boat with Bilt Hamber Autowash and a soft brush. It rinsed off very easily. And finally, I put a sachet of Bilt Hamber Touch-On into the snow foam gun and coated the boat in a light layer of foam. Touch-On creates a hydrophobic layer and makes water bead off the fibreglass.
Overall, I was very happy with their products and I think I will use these instead of the overpriced and poor performing marine equivalents.

Assassin

Visit site
I do use snow foams on our cars but not on the boat, personally, and each to their own but I would have reservations about the suitability of all the harsher chems in a vehicle snow foam being allowed straight into the water...
Snow foam is water soluble and many are non toxic and you can safely let it into water.

Assassin

Visit site
Bilt Hamber is first rate and leads the way in eco products which work and they are BRITISH which is a bonus, not foreign bought in and rebadged.

Whopper

Visit site
Can anyone tell me what exactly is in Bilthammer Snow Foam? even their own website is vague?
Think of it as the foam you might see or use in a regular car wash. Generically snow foams have good cleaning properties and help lift initial road grime etc before you wash a car properly. They’re also usually PH balanced and should not remove existing wax or sealants. A proper car wash involves a pre wash using snow foam, rinse clean, potentially repeat this step and then finally move to a hand wash with shampoo and wash mitt before drying. For a boat that is probably not practical but you could take elements of this method say first by snow foaming the entire boat, let it dwell for a few minutes, rinse. Repeat the snow foam but using a brush to wash down the surfaces and rinse again. I’ve started doing this twice a season which is sufficient with regular wash and hosing in between.

Using these products on boats has a number of benefits. Firstly they’re infinitely better and easier to use than any marine specific cleaning products I’ve tried. They’re also far cheaper and cheaper per wash. 50mls of product in a power washer applied snow foam lance would likely be sufficient for the topsides of a c.40ft boat.

The touch-on product referred to above is a hydrophobic coating. There are different versions of these from various manufacturers but they are essentially a snow foam lance applied coating that is a spray on, rinse off application. This is an exceptionally easy way of adding a layer of protection to your boat and helps keep them clean in between washes why also prolonging any existing coating.

Caveat, these product can be blown about on a windy day. You will also see runoff into the water which may offend some people - hence Dino used the sugar based BH product.