Small is …..errr cheaper

Wansworth

Visit site
Come across a Benetaue 18 in Coruna area that will do as a weekender and should quench my thirst for sailing ….oor not.Cannot afford to spend too much and this little boat should be ok round the rias…..cannot decide if I should give up on sailing🤔

Bouba

Visit site
Come across a Benetaue 18 in Coruna area that will do as a weekender and should quench my thirst for sailing ….oor not.Cannot afford to spend too much and this little boat should be ok round the rias…..cannot decide if I should give up on sailing🤔
Buying a boat is the best way to know if it’s worth boating

Bouba

Visit site
If you buy one...there are only three possible outcomes (non of which are bad)....either you will realize it’s time to swallow the anchor and sell her....you will enjoy her and keep her....you will rekindle your love of sailing and sell her to buy a bigger boat

srm

Visit site
Am in a similar position as sold my ocean capable boat a month or so ago after finishing chemo and accepting that I would not use her properly. That was a few months short of 50 years since buying my first cruising boat, and have always had one if not two since. Its a bit of a shock being boatless, but also a relief that someone else is taking good care of her.
Am sort of looking around for a small "dinghy with a lid on" to potter around with.

MisterBaxter

Visit site
A small, modern boat with no exposed woodwork anywhere on her, decent sails, an outboard, a chemical toilet or no toilet and a self-draining cockpit so she can be left on a mooring, is about as cheap and simple to run as a sailing boat ever gets. I had a 21 footer for three years, spent nothing much except a bit of my time on her, and sold her for what I paid.

zoidberg

Visit site
53654002703_78374cbf81.jpg

lusitano

Visit site
Am in a similar position as sold my ocean capable boat a month or so ago after finishing chemo and accepting that I would not use her properly. That was a few months short of 50 years since buying my first cruising boat, and have always had one if not two since. Its a bit of a shock being boatless, but also a relief that someone else is taking good care of her.
Am sort of looking around for a small "dinghy with a lid on" to potter around with.
Found myself in a similar situation and really felt insecure being boatless. Found this little gem in Freisland and 1713127010097.jpeg;ooking forward to pootling around the coast very soon.

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
It’s nice that it can sit on a flat trailer.....you could tow that with an electric car
I should tow mine with an electric car. Both the car and the boat get the same reaction from some people.

Anyway, Wansworth, your proposed ride looks lovely. An entirely suitable sailboat. Sadly it will never be yours, but you, and the rest of us, can dream.