Small fan heater - recommendations, please

sarabande

Visit site
there are some around which have a "tilt" switch, which turns them off if knocked over. Well worth the extra quid or so.

fergie_mac66

Visit site
big fan ok over years had a couple but for some reason the fan blade seem to bend after a bit then they go ting .ting.ting .etc!so now i have a letterbox one

rivonia

Visit site
Only a suggestion but have you thought about getting a SMALL oil filled rad. We have four on board they keep us lovely and warm.

They can be stored any way up and are easy to pack away. No noise and no moving parts, no danger of fire risk.

Peter

Poignard

Visit site
Only a suggestion but have you thought about getting a SMALL oil filled rad. We have four on board they keep us lovely and warm.

They can be stored any way up and are easy to pack away. No noise and no moving parts, no danger of fire risk.

Peter

Nice idea but I want it for use in a campervan, mainly to warm the thing up quickly before we crawl out of our sleeping bags on a cold morning!

grumpy_o_g

Visit site

Trundlebug

Visit site
No specific recommendation about which make to get, but I would recommend you get one with a thermostat, so you can use it on frost setting to prevent freezing. Particularly useful if you're staying overnight, as we did last year in minus 6 C !!

Woke up the next morning it was +1.2 deg inside, minus 6.6 outside !

Had another heater (on frost setting) in the engine bay which prevented any problems there.

pete

Visit site
These were banned from our club after one overheated in a boat ashore in the club boat park and turned it's plastic casing into specks of soot and smoke all over the inside of the boat.
I guess that the fan stopped running but the element carried on heating.
luckily it was spotted in time or all the boats near-by may have gone up in smoke. I know they have over heat trips fitted but this one obviously did not work. we all use oil heaters now.
Pete

LittleShip

Visit site
These were banned from our club after one overheated in a boat ashore in the club boat park and turned it's plastic casing into specks of soot and smoke all over the inside of the boat.
I guess that the fan stopped running but the element carried on heating.
luckily it was spotted in time or all the boats near-by may have gone up in smoke. I know they have over heat trips fitted but this one obviously did not work. we all use oil heaters now.
Pete

I agree with this sentiment...... fanned heaters should not be left unattended no matter what type it is. Oil filled or tube heating is much safer if you leaving the boat!

Tom