Skorpios channel

whiteoaks7

www.seasolutions.co.uk
Seems the new owner of Skorpios has managed what Onassis never did - he's made the channel between Skorpios and Skorpidhi an exclusion zone poiliced by a very polite young man in a rather large rib who politely informs you that the coastguard will levy a fine of E5000 to anyone ignoring the zone. It's demarked by a line of orange buoys stretching across the channel at each end. He was very polite - did I mention that - but the law (?) or rather the money is on his side...

Max K

N/A
Visit site
Should be okay for you - this is apparently a short term thing "only while the Boss is here..."
There were three matching white limmos parked on the island quay and a flash powerboat moored when we went by an hour ago but boats seemed to be traversing the gap as normal. Open sea. Tell him where to go next time.

Max.

Last edited:

Happydaze

Visit site
I have sailed between the islands twice in the last 2 weeks, the guy in the boat was there but said nowt. My understanding is the water is public space and free to use and can not be purchased in Greece. Could be a good place to dump your poos because it says no swimming !!

TonyMS

www.montgomery-smith.org
Sailed through this afternoon. There were bouys all the way across, which I planned to ignore, but 2 guys in a small boat removed them just before we reached them. The heavy in a rib ignored us - didn't even smile when I took his picture!

Unfortunately our black tank was already empty!