sirius yachts

Johnboy2004

Visit site
does anyone know the website address for sirius yachts?

also can you give me your opinions on sailing from dublin to the med, using a Jenneau sun oddessey 32,, then on to the canaries,,

is the jenneau up to the task?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Ric

Visit site
Well I might be the ideal person to answer your question, as I a currently have a jeanneau 32.2 and am a big fan of Sirius yachts!

First, Sirius is here:
http://www.sirius-werft.de/
They are super boats for short-hand liveaboards - fast, easy to handle, big cabin, big heads, workshop, big nav table. They are also very expensive...

Your Jeanneau will easily handle Dublin to Med. I single-handed mine from Menorca to Toulon in an F8 last year. It was fine. Not ideal, but fine. For knocking about in the Med they are super. French people sail them (and boats even less suitable in the eyes of Brits) across the Atlantic.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Johnboy2004

Visit site
hey thanks for the info very helpfull
yep they are v nice boats! nice large windows...... i had a look at the sun odessey 32 and there v nice indeed...
i can get one about 6mths old here in dub fully loaded for bout 90,000 euros...

how do you find sailing round the med in yours? do you stay in marinas or just anchor?
i got a good gps position for an anchorage thats right beside a major stars pad...just east of beaulieu sur mer
must give it to you.

does the jenneau 32 depreciate much?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Ric

Visit site
The Jeanneaus don't depreciate any better or any worse than other boats of the size and generation. Indeed, they are very easy to sell when you need to trade up.

I sail mine all over the Med, and never have any problems (except those caused by third parties!). The advantage of the relatively small size is that one can usually get a marina berth when needed even at the height of summer, and the boat is manouevrable and light enough for one person to handle in tight spots.

If your prospective boat is a 32, that is a slightly wider hull than my 32.2, and a little bit heavier. But it won't make much difference. If I remember correctly, the 32 has a backward facing nav table which is something I don't much like.

When I'm cruising, I usually spend one night in ten in a marina. The rest of the time I lie at anchor.

I don't regret buying mine at all, it was my first boat and a good choice. However, if I had the budget I would get a Sirius - they look a super boat for short-handed med sailing. I read a test of one in a German mag and they have an excellent turn of speed too.

<hr width=100% size=1>

goupil

Visit site
Well, between this thread and others you answered most of your dilemma yourself!
Sirius 32 is certainly a strong boat BUT who want to invest so much in a 32ft? Who want to enjoy the view or a good meal in a green house? Or do maintenance in a so-called work-shop where you need to be seated, with your head in big trouble if some nutter come full speed in the anchorage?
Really, in Med or Carribean you're better to do such activities in a roomy cockpit under the bimini with a fresh breeze!
As for Jeanneau SO 32 price : 90 000 € for a second hand one shows that it doesn't depreciate much, it's more than a new one fully loaded! If you compare with the Sirius, you'll have fun for a couple of years with the rest of the money.
And still have a seaworthy boat able to cope with a storm better than most of their skippers!

<hr width=100% size=1>Brittany Yacht Assistance

Johnboy2004

Visit site
have a look , i got this quote,,, all prices are euros.... what do you think of this price?

One new Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 35 to standard º
specification with Volvo 29hp Engine, 2 Cabins. 104,479

Promotional Pack Extras [100% Discount]
Cockpit Table on Pedestal with Glass doors FOC
Cockpit Shower[Cold] FOC
220v Shore Power with 5x220v sockets FOC
Battery Charger 25A FOC
3rd 70A Extra Battery FOC
Outboard Engine Bracket FOC
CD Player with 2 Speakers in saloon FOC
Crockery & Cutlery for 6 persons FOC
1 Jeanneau Halyard Bag [Total Saving: 3,721] FOC