Sinking in the Solent

johndove

Visit site
Wonder who was stand on?

Or was it the racing yacht thought they owned the Solent?

We all heard them shouting, you're on a race course, you're taken my wind, and a lot more if I was not being so polite.

chubby

www.flickr.com
Heard the events on VHF Ch16 and full marks, she must have been using a hand held from the water, good for having it to hand and charged up and to keep transmitting
Have to say, the woman manning the radio (from the water) handled it very well, considering.
The actual 'sinking' only took a minute or two at the most and by the time she got the message out, they were all in the water hanging onto the top spreaders.

savageseadog

Visit site
You do wonder if racing yachts are strong enough, I've seen the thickness of the lay up on some modern race boats in the 35-40ft range and they're built like eggs. They're very strong structurally with normal loads but any kind of point or abnormal load and it's major damage.

Jungle Jim

Visit site
I believe I saw the casualty being recovered over Bramble Bank this afternoon.
salvage.jpg

Apologies for the dire photo, I haven't got to grips with these new-fangled iphone thingies.

Alfie168

Visit site
There's never a Sunsail Yacht handy when you need one to blame is there.......;);) Glad nobody hurt, thats the main thing.

Tim

jac

Visit site
There's never a Sunsail Yacht handy when you need one to blame is there.......;);) Glad nobody hurt, thats the main thing.

Tim

They were both manoeuvring to avoid a fleet of Sunsail yachts under power with no cones and blue ensigns. All of them had Rocnas and were driven by people with red trousers.

That do??

Javelin

www.Southwoldboatyard.co.uk
From Sailinganarchy forum, the aftermath.
Q9Ozq6F.jpg