She Floats!!!

Stingo

Visit site
ROAD HOG
launch01.jpg

OPPS, she doesn't fit through the gate. We had to around the block to another gate.
launch02.jpg

I am nervous as hell.
launch03.jpg

Keels wet
launch04.jpg

She floats
launch05.jpg

And the engines started first time.
launch06.jpg

sarabande

Visit site
Congrats to both hulls, and may they and the crew have many happy years SAILING the ocean blue /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Norman_E

Visit site
Congratulation.
Just a thought for catamaran sailors. Why only one wheel? If big monohulls can have two, why not cats? It must be pretty nerve wracking bringing your boat alongside if port side to, and if short handed you are too far away to throw your aft mooring line.

jamesjermain

Visit site
Several do, mine included.

I like the arrangement but most have the wheels stuck out on the two sterns where they are in the open (sun-stroke in hot climates, rust in ours) and exposed to spray and the considerable apparent wind due to the incredibe speed cats achieve on all points of sailing. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

In practial terms putting two wheels in a cat cockpit mean two raised seating structures plus wheels etc which take up a lot of space and cost a lot of money. They also obstruct one of the cats great advantages, the open link between cabin and cockpit which can be made into one huge living space. Some might call this link the patio doors; I'm broad minded and broad shouldered /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bbg

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I am nervous as hell.
launch03.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Then get out from underneath that boat! "Objects in TravelLift are heavier than they appear."

BTW - what's with the name. Forumites went to a lot of trouble to offer some excellent new names - you decided to stick with Stingo?

boatmike

Visit site
Looks very nice Stingo. With that hull shape and bridgedeck clearance she should go like whatzit off a warm shovel too. That is she will if you avoid loading her up with stores and stuff!
Whose design is she? I don't recognise her. Where was she built? The chappies in the pictures seem to suggest South Africa?