Tohatsu 3.5 Outboard - 2 stroke

Mark-1

Visit site
It's all new to me, too...if anyone knows, please chip in.

Andsarkit's video in post 10 seems to show the operation clearly, and I've found the bolt on my 3.5...

...although the stream looks pretty weak from the telltale, assuming there is the usual domestic head of pressure in the hose.

I too wondered why it would be necessary to take off the prop. :confused:

Part No: 336-60007-0
FLUSHING PLUG (SI)

What a time to be alive!
🎉

I still see no reason whatsoever to remove the prop. The engine wont even be running.

andsarkit

Visit site
The fitting is an M8 thread and so the centre hole is quite small which restricts the flow. The fitting I have also fits the flushing port on the leg of my Yamaha 15 2T so I expect the fitting is fairly universal.

If you have a lathe you could probably drill a hole in an M8 brass bolt and cut off the head and make your own fitting.

Mark-1

Visit site
The fitting is an M8 thread and so the centre hole is quite small which restricts the flow. The fitting I have also fits the flushing port on the leg of my Yamaha 15 2T so I expect the fitting is fairly universal.

If you have a lathe you could probably drill a hole in an M8 brass bolt and cut off the head and make your own fitting.

Thanks.

I *think* it's gonna fit my Mariner 5hp 2T as well. That's a massive advantage if it does, it's a heck of a lump to lift into a wheelie bin!

C08

Visit site
A short rubber tube connects the exit nipple in the casing to the cylinder head. Take that off, just a push fit and then you can poke it out with stiffer thicker wire. Worked well on my 3.5.