Sending parts to EU by Fedex

Donheist

Visit site
Need some advice. My autopilot needs a new clutch. Boat is in Sardinia. Hard to get a clutch out there so I ordered one and it arrived today to my address in the UK. Now I need to FedEx it to the marina.

Going through the FedEx form and I am asked if it’s a gift, personal use etc. and either way apparently I need to include an invoice.

But I’m not selling it to anyone. If I put it in my luggage I wouldn’t fill in a form…

Any advice? It’s worth about £200 if that helps.

Mark

st599

Visit site
As it's over 155 Euros, then FedEx will take care of it for you. Show them the invoice, they'll calculate and charge you the VAT and import duty (plus their fee for doing the calculation). You're well over the gift limit.

Note, it'll be on the value of the shipment including the shipping fee.

Last edited:

Daydream believer

Visit site
I sent a mainsail to Denmark, having sold it via a forum. DHL initially wanted a couple of hundred £, but by using a search engine they came down to £80.. Considering Weight & size (it was fully battened) it did not seem bad. I charged the other party £ 100 for the sail plus delivery.
There were no questions, other than, description, value, collection address, & delivery address.
I did have to parcel up correctly & do a bar code label.
Collected on Thursday & delivered Monday morning. No other charges, or paperwork etc.
I suggest you say value is less than £ 100 . Which it would be if sold second hand on E bay. It is now "second hand".
Then have another look at couriers.

st599

Visit site
I sent a mainsail to Denmark, having sold it via a forum. DHL initially wanted a couple of hundred £, but by using a search engine they came down to £80.. Considering Weight & size (it was fully battened) it did not seem bad. I charged the other party £ 100 for the sail plus delivery.
There were no questions, other than, description, value, collection address, & delivery address.
I did have to parcel up correctly & do a bar code label.
Collected on Thursday & delivered Monday morning. No other charges, or paperwork etc.
I suggest you say value is less than £ 100 . Which it would be if sold second hand on E bay. It is now "second hand".
Then have another look at couriers.
There is no limit anymore. The item gets appraised by the courier based on either the invoice or the RRP. If you send it sans invoice, the fee to work out the costs increases.