Seasick pills for dogs

Jools_of_Top_Cat

Visit site
Mine are fine until it gets a bit bumpy then they get shaky and turn into crap dogs, just like the crap sharks in Viz. They tend to take up station on the benches in the saloon. They have never been sick though, I don't know if they feel sick, just scared probably.

Best person to ask is your vet.

But if they are scared, then Z8 from the vet or there is a calming remedy from health shops, I can't recall the name but people use it to combat stress, a drop or two in their meal should work fine. Works well for dogs who suffer seperation anxiety without doping them up.

I used to work with a busy dog rescue and we used these remedies with great success.

<hr width=100% size=1>Julian

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.topcatsail.co.uk/TC_minicruise_2003_01.html>Cardigan Bay Cruise</A>

johnsomerhausen

Visit site
In the late 70's, YM made of survey of readers about Stugeron's effectiveness as a sea sickness preventive. One readere wrote that his (rather large) dog had eaten a whole box of these pills without any other ill-effect other than some drowziness.
john

<hr width=100% size=1>

Neraida

www.neraida.org.uk
Top Tip!
Anyone with dogs who are anxious sailors should try some "Bach's Rescue Remedy". A couple of drops of this "flower remedy" either directly into their chops or stick abit in their water and it calms them down really well and with absolutely no drowsiness.

Also works for (anxious) humans too!!

<hr width=100% size=1>

richardm

Visit site
Why on earth would you subject your dog to an experience that is upsetting to it? When you go sailing you know the risks of sea sickness, your dog has no choice. I sometimes wonder if dogs are the dumb animals

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

The travel sickness remedy frequently recommended by vets ( I am one) is Stugeron. It works well for car sickness and should work at sea. The dose is usually a quarter to a half of a childs dose and should be given several hours before em(bark)ing. I have not seen any significant side effects at these dose rates. Remember that this drug is not licensed for dogs and you have to accept you use it at your own risk.

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

Re: Seasick pills for dogs

The travel sickness remedy frequently recommended by vets ( I am one) is Stugeron. It works well for car sickness and should work at sea. The dose is usually a quarter to a half of a childs dose and should be given several hours before em(bark)ing. I have not seen any significant side effects at these dose rates. Remember that this drug is not licensed for dogs and you have to accept you use it at your own risk.

<hr width=100% size=1>