Scrubbing posts and antifouling

Jacket

I\'m in Cambridge, boat\'s at Titchmarsh marina, W
Visit site
Are you still allowed to apply antifouling to a boat when its dried out alongside/ I wouldn't be removing any old antifouling, just applying a new coat?

Also, how many people have tried this? Is it practical?

I'm asking, as my boats being brought back to the UK by trailer, and I'm too tight to pay for it to be craned onto hardtanding to be antifouled, then pay again to get it into the water, if I can possibly avoid it.

<hr width=100% size=1>

snowleopard

Visit site
go for it.

scrubbing grids and between-tides antifouling are still OK here. don't try it in the netherlands though!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Wai_Tapu

Visit site
Absolutely practical. With the tidal range we get in the Bristol Channel/River Avon I can get on to our club grid on a big spring, lean against the posts, and in an hour or so, the tide has dropped enough to start work. Time enough to scrub off, get 2 coats of antifoul on and a boot topping and back to mooring on the next HW.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Sybarite

Visit site
Do it while you still can. There are European directives which will soon apply which will outlaw this. You will only be able to do it at places which have been specially equipped to catch the residue. I don't think these yards will be making many gifts of their facilities !

John

<hr width=100% size=1>

Mirelle

N/A
Visit site
ye Gods!

I've done it for years, and never thought about it - so do loads of people.

There are regulations made under international conventions concerning a/f application and removal from merchant ships in floating docks, but I never suspected that the Eurocrats would try to apply these to boats!

For one thing, it's great fun!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Sybarite

Visit site
Re: ye Gods!

I suggested to our "capitainerie" that as they are extending the marina they should deepen the scrubbing berth at the same time so that it would be available at neap tides too.
They replied that their planning permission to do exactly that had been blocked for the reason stated.

John

<hr width=100% size=1>