Scottish red ensign

ylop

Visit site
Quite honestly, considering the breakdown in attitudes to the allegiance to the Uk, I think that some people would be just as happy waving their willy. Regardless of whether it was defaced, or not :love:
It’s cold up here - you’d need binoculars to see it!

I’ve always been a bit puzzled by people who fly a saltire ensign, and what they make of me flying my bog standard ensign and no courtesy flag! My guess is they are making a statement much like those who fly saltires at home or have Yes signs in window of home/car? Do they assume that my flying of a British Ensign (red duster) is making the alternative statement - like those flying a Union Flag at home?

The main reason I fly an ensign at all - is that if I’m in the shelter of the sprayhood I can’t see the windex or instruments so I can see at a glance if “the crew” have ignored the wind shifts. And I fly that one because it came with the boat and I’m too tight to buy anything else - you can’t get much more Scottish than that!

jamie N

Visit site
Crikey! Imagine the stramash if the reverse had occurred in (say) Kinsale????
Then imagine if it'd occurred with a Blue or White ensign flagged boat??
😲

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
Crikey! Imagine the stramash if the reverse had occurred in (say) Kinsale????
Then imagine if it'd occurred with a Blue or White ensign flagged boat??
😲
As such a boat could just as easily be a Scot with a particular regard to the rules, you’d really hope you Scottish are not so small minded.

srm

Visit site
I’ve always been a bit puzzled by people who fly a saltire ensign, and what they make of me flying my bog standard ensign and no courtesy flag!
Having sailed from Shetland to Norway I was asked why I was not flying the Scottish flag. I pointed out that the red ensign was the correct British flag and that the blue and white saltire is an essential part of the flag design as it holds all the other overlaid bits of flag colours together.