Scaffold Plank

capnsensible

Visit site
Hiya Stu, there are a few scaffold companies in Gib, worth a call to get an old bit. You could try Alan at Pritchards Marine, they are the guys who are in the know about most things in Gib.

Did you get my message about the car transfer chap?

CS

Heckler

Visit site
Hiya Stu, there are a few scaffold companies in Gib, worth a call to get an old bit. You could try Alan at Pritchards Marine, they are the guys who are in the know about most things in Gib.

Did you get my message about the car transfer chap?

CS
Ta, got message, got an ali ladder off John on Sarah Jane, then traded old radio for some pine planks, Lau doing article for PBO!
Stu

Heckler

Visit site
How about some shopping trolley wheels? ;)

Looks good. Seriously mebbe some non slip deck tread stuff?

CS
In hand, looked at some in a chinese shop but they were cheap galvanised, so at home now with some stock nylon. She is going to get some simple rounds made with 8mm bolts as axles. Then screwfix for some antislip strips.
Stu

capnsensible

Visit site
Have seen a few with a nice counterbalance weight using a pulley plus a jerrycan of water. That helps with the wear and tear. Probably not so important on the floating pontoons but useful with the tide over in Gib and up the Costa.

Heckler

Visit site
Look just like ours , if you use some bungee on the end of the ladders the. Rope going to the stainless or higher if you can , the end can be kept just off the pontoon so it don't bang , you won't need to ajusted it as you step on the ladders they will rest on the pontoon .
Looking good stu
Ohh, that sounds like a good idea!
S

Poignard

Visit site
I wonder if, perhaps due to failing eyesight, I am missing the subtler features of this much-admired triumph of mechanical engineering? Allowedly the photo is small but all I can discern is a ladder with a couple of boards bolted to it.

Last edited by a moderator: