Salt

BrendanS

Visit site
Putting dry rice grains in the container seems to be a well recommended measure

<hr width=100% size=1>Err, let me know if Depsol enters the forum, I'll go and hide

oldsaltoz

Visit site
G,day Geoff and Jude,

I find it helps if you store it in an area that does have temperature changes, like above the stove, a high shelf or close to the hull skin; also avoid thick glass, steel or china containers because they are prone to condensation inside, and your container should be sealed, thin plastic containers with tight fitting lid and bit of rice and a good storage area should solve your problems.

Hope this helps......

<hr width=100% size=1>Andavagoodweekend, Old Salt Oz /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

eleanor

Visit site
I spent five years as a live-aboard in some pretty damp places. Never had a problem with my salt. I kept it in a screw-top jar, such as an ex peanut butter or marmelade jar. On top of the salt I put a scrunched up piece of paper towel. This absorbed the moisture, keeping the salt dry. It had the additional benefit that when you lifted it out of the jar, usually enough salt came with it for your culinary purposes! And it was easily replaced if you felt it had been living in close promixity with the salt for long enough.
Far better than Ye Old Rice Grains Solution.
Eleanor

<hr width=100% size=1>