Sailing in Scotland

BrendanS

Visit site
Re: Too late ... but not BIG enough..

..the only indigenous food available is a mess of gut, hearts, lungs and oatmeal, served with swede, or deep fried pizza and mars bar.

The very thought would keep away most Solentites.

Or you could do what we Welsh did, and just burn a few visiting yachts instead of houses, and make sure it's well publicised.

<hr width=100% size=1>

davidhand

Visit site
Re: Too late ...

Humble Highland Midge, Etive Besties, in Yosemite? I'll be out of San francisco within the week. Which is the best way to the Firth of Clyde? through the canal, round the horn, or should I look for a north west passage, Drake went across the Pacific, (some nonsense about the earth being round). I've picked up from this thread that I won't be welcome but that never detered an Anglo Saxon in the past.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Rowana

Two steps lower than the ships' cat
Visit site

You'l be made welcome as long as you rember the famous Scottish phrase, "I'ts my round". Repeat this continiously in any watering hole, and I can assure you of a welcome!

<hr width=100% size=1>

chriscallender

Visit site

Whichever way you go there is plenty to see -

NW Passage you have the bloke in the Macgregor 26 sailing across the ice, assisted by huskies.

Pacific you will meet Ellen and Kingfisher limping into Perth at 10 knots without a mast

And if you go for the horn, watch out for Emma Richards heading the other way, planning her next tea and cake stop - she might even offer you a cuppa and a cake.

Not to mention Iraq's fleet in the Indian Ocean, circling around with signs painted on the side "no weapons of mass destruction on board", although that would be a bit of a detour from any of the routes you suggested.

Whoever said the oceans were desolate places - someone needs to write a tourist guide to them, in my opinion.

Chris

<hr width=100% size=1>

Ohdrat

Visit site
Re: The Earth is in Fact Flat

......... you will fall off the edge.... the NW passage could be a bit a of a log jam with the Macgregor which I have on good information will be towed by the Kingfisher Cat when the mast is re-instated.. of course..

As long as you stay in the Firth of Clyde you will be safe.. it is relatively civilized there thanks to the Romans.. forget the Anglo Saxons they all sail on the Broads (East Anglia) and eat potatoes.. rumour has it that they are not very intelligent and there fore easily ruled..

<hr width=100% size=1>