Safety equipment

thinwater

sail-delmarva.blogspot.com
This is why there are others hatches that lead to on deck that are not covered by any deck equipment.

In fact, I have 6 deck hatches' that anyone can get through by standing on internal fitments.

The only cabin without an escape hatch is the aft cabin which is next to the companionway.
I was not speaking of you or criticizing you. That is why I wrote "the tender" and not "your tender." My boat has four human-size deck hatches that are easily accessed. But this is not common.

It is very common for the only secondary egress to be covered by a tender. Just sayin'. The Conception NTSB report is sobering.

rogerthebodger

Visit site
I was not speaking of you or criticizing you. That is why I wrote "the tender" and not "your tender." My boat has four human-size deck hatches that are easily accessed. But this is not common.

It is very common for the only secondary egress to be covered by a tender. Just sayin'. The Conception NTSB report is sobering.

I am fully aware of your comments and agree with then. I did not take any comment as a criticism

What I was trying to point out is that it is important to correct design for proper emergency exits and to be aware of any possible restrictions to the use of the primary emergence exits

justanothersailboat

Visit site
Wansworth, that's true, but ideas were already changing in 1903... "The heating arrangements of the [saloon] began to be a subject of serious concern. We finally did the only logical thing, and brought the kitchen-range into the parlour, fixing the Rippingille stove on the forward end of the cabin table, where it could warm as well as cook for us."

Wansworth

Visit site
Wansworth, that's true, but ideas were already changing in 1903... "The heating arrangements of the [saloon] began to be a subject of serious concern. We finally did the only logical thing, and brought the kitchen-range into the parlour, fixing the Rippingille stove on the forward end of the cabin table, where it could warm as well as cook for us."
And Ithought it was with the emancipation of women in the 1960s when the nuclear family putto sea in their grp cockshells…..😂

William_H

Visit site
Interesting comments. Yes it is strange and a new direction to make fire extinguishers just recommended. Strangely the rule makers are mostly concerned with the proliferation of open 14/16 ft run about outboard powered trailer boats that so often get into trouble. The reliance is really on the EPIRB.
I like the acceptance of electronic distress lights in lieu of pyrotechnic flares which are just horrible and expensive with short life.
Yes inspectors are liable to check your safety gear at launching ramps or stop you when exiting the harbour checking on safety gear. Not likelyb a sail bopat however. (just the hoons in the runabouts) ol'will