Ria de Alvor

Visit site
After yeaŕs of complaints by fishermen and pleasure sailors dredging has started and should be finished by May costing 2 million euros from the EU.

GHA

Visit site
Ah Alvor memories :)

Your in my spot! :)

Lovely place, every Euro you get in change has a harp on it.

Best water last year from following a mate who runs the tourist boats

XlYSNEw.png

greeny

Visit site
I am sad they're dredging.
With a lift keel I can get most places and this will open it up to the masses. A lift keel or being a good pilot will get you in as it is. I don't profess to be the latter. He he.

nortada

Visit site
With a lift keel I can get most places and this will open it up to the masses. A lift keel or being a good pilot will get you in as it is. I don't profess to be the latter. He he.

My draught is 2.3m and this has never prevented me accessing Alvor or remaining afloat at anchor at all states of the tide so I don’t think the dredging will have much affect usage.

Plenty of room for all comers.:encouragement:

greeny

Visit site
My draught is 2.3m and this has never prevented me accessing Alvor or remaining afloat at anchor at all states of the tide so I don’t think the dredging will have much affect usage.

Plenty of room for all comers.:encouragement:

I guess it depends where they are dredging.
If they are dredging the approaches to the town it will make it easier for people to access but there is still not much room in the anchoring areas. However if they dredge up near town and therefore effectively make more space to anchor, more boats are likely to stay. Thinking about it again though I don't suppose it will make much difference in town given the thousands of holiday makers that visit Alvor each summer.

crashtack

Visit site
Well said that Man. I live aboard an MG Spring 25 in Vilamoura and only draw 0.9m so opening Alvor up to the drunken masses will ruin it. There are already bars there that sell Lager at €1 a pint all day, every day, so it's only going to get worse......

greeny

Visit site
I've not had a beer in Alvor for a pound a pint for a long time now. Probably 2004 or so. Maybe in a happy hour somewhere but I always manage to miss those.

greeny

Visit site
It is / was their port. It's where they land their fish and live for many of them. AND they were there a long time before we were.