RHYC

Independence

Visit site
It wouldn't be so bad if it were a one off

I can't recall anything welcoming being posted about RHYC.

I'm sure outside the club environment most members are pleasant enough but it beggers belief why they would want to be associated with such a place

Cantata

Visit site
Thanks everyone, between posting on Wednesday and now I think I’m sorted at RHYC.
Looking forward to a change of scene!
Good luck over yonder, sorry we won't see you around here but we usually end up in the Orwell at least a couple of times each year and have been know to imbibe in your new club occasionally!

xyachtdave

Visit site
Good luck over yonder, sorry we won't see you around here but we usually end up in the Orwell at least a couple of times each year and have been know to imbibe in your new club occasionally!

Thanks Dick, just putting kettle on for a coffee before setting off!

WF36

Visit site
It wouldn't be so bad if it were a one off

I can't recall anything welcoming being posted about RHYC.

I'm sure outside the club environment most members are pleasant enough but it beggers belief why they would want to be associated with such a place

Just vote with your feet I guess...

Personally I have been a member for 30 years, suits my needs and made a fair few friends along the way.

Seen plenty rise up the ranks, try and change bits to suit their agenda, fall out with people and then leave PDQ.

Probably applies to most clubs - take the bits you like, and the bits you don’t like just don’t matter.

pyrojames

transat2013.blogspot.co.uk
I have been a member for 20 years. I joined when i arrived in the UK from Australia. When i walked in i was told that i should speak to the Commodore, but that he was in the yard underneath his boat doing antifouling. Not something that suggested a snotty yachty club to me. It been good socially and for facilities ever since.

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
I joined RHYC late last year, and have found everyone I have dealt with so far - the office staff, moorings committee chairman, and berthing master - extremely helpful and friendly.

I heard tales several years ago about a particular 'front line' person who was, shall we say, not always the most fun to deal with, but I understand they have now moved on to pastures new.