Replacment for Black Pig

BlackPig

N/A
www.scottishensign.co.uk
Hi All, I now have a replacement for Black Pig. Or will have when I bring her back. She is a Herd 23, a bit bigger allot heavier and more suited to doing the Azores run.

I have to get her back to the Clyde from France, St-Vaast-la H, around the corner from Cherbourg. I plan on sailing back on the 1st of August. If anyone would like to help bring her back then please drop me a line.

Graham

Niander

Visit site
That will be a much more suitable boat to do it in...your other one was to small....for the sea...id say 22' min needed.
i once had a hurley22 and wouldn't want anything smaller.

BlackPig

N/A
www.scottishensign.co.uk
Carrie the new pig

Hi All retuned from my trip. A very quick summery:
Picked up boat from st vass la hauge
got 10 miles battery one went down.
left battery two o start engin on south coast of England
sea sick
engine would not start.
anchored in dark south coast of isle of Wight
sea sick
lost bolt for gaff boom during night (shook free)
called coast guard
boat damaged during rescue
towed to Yarmouth
put on lorry Lymington
float in the Clyde
tied up on mooring

details to follow when I have time
Graham

sarabande

Visit site
that was one tough trip, but shows that the boat - bless her - can take all you throw at her.

Well done for getting her home anyway. I hope you both have lots of peaceful sailing in the future.

Certainly a lovely looker.

Last edited:

Niander

Visit site
Glad to see you got her back home.
It looks like im moving down your wayish...bonhill
Do you know of a cheapish place to keep a folkboat?...:)

BlackPig

N/A
www.scottishensign.co.uk
I joined Cardwell bay sailing club £25 to join £25 per year membership. They have a trot of moorings or you lay your own. The advantage of a club 1/2 price crown estate fees and more eyes keeping an eye on your boat. During the winter I have booked her into Clyde Boatyard in Clydebank. A bit scrap yardish but I can live with that.

Graham

PacketRat

Visit site
Wow. That's quite some boat. It would be a tremendous accomplishment to do a JC in such a boat. I wish you well. Really enjoyed the video.
Perhaps we'd better look out ... when I lived in Falmouth 40 years back the working boats had right of way irrespective of the rules. One dinghy crew leapt overboard as they were getting run down, and another got skewered through the mainsail. Or so the stories had it. We just kept out their way or got shouted at.
Are you going to keep the tradition alive?
Robin.