Red diesel - hang on this is no "concession"

Jools_of_Top_Cat

Visit site
Ireland has red diesel too, although theirs is green which figures, especially today, happy St Patricks to all from the emerald Isle.

It was around the same price as we pay for our red, I bought mine at the quayside in dunmore east and off fishermen in wexford. No one said it was only for commercial use so I guess they are in the same state as us.

Does anyone know if the Irish liesure fleet are being threatened in the same way? Surely zey muzt be if az you zay it iz another directif fwom ze motherland er I meanz ze EU!

Who won anyway?

<hr width=100% size=1>Julian

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.topcatsail.co.uk>Top Cat Homepage</A>

neale

Visit site
Re: Red diesel - hang on this is no \"concession\"

The Irish have a "concession" as so the Belgians. As I understand it, they will have their own date when the concession is up for review. It may be sooner or later than ours but they will have one. When it happens it will be up to their governments to argue the case as to whether they keep it or not.

What will be interesting is if No 10 rolls over and agrees to increase duty without a fight but the others battle it out and get another 7? year extension.

<hr width=100% size=1>When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading

Doffy

Visit site
Buy now and stock up

Budget 2004 increases the duty on red diesel and fuel oil by 2.42 pence per litre from
1 September 2004. This reduces the differential between rebated oils and the main road fuels
by 1 penny per litre to 40.88 pence per litre, and supports the strategic approach for reducing
oils fraud, described in Chapter 5.

<hr width=100% size=1>

roly_voya

Visit site

Further point on the 'purpose of fuel' as a livaboard most of my diesil is burnt by the central heating or genset which is also not liable to road duty does this mean I will have to fit twin tanks and carry to seperate fuels! Also what about charter boats, if you get the boat coaded does that make it comercial even when you are on holiday - I think if they try and go ahead with this we can maby make it unworkable

<hr width=100% size=1>

rex

Visit site

I know I'm a bit late but yes that is what they do on the continent. You can burn red diesel for heating but not driving the boat. Not sure about the generator, what if you had electric propulsion via batteries. We need more civil servants to sort this out for us.

<hr width=100% size=1>