Recovering from falling overboard when single handed

Buck Turgidson

Visit site
NKE autopilots as used on the mini transat have this function based on distance from the remote . I saw a demo some years ago but don’t remember if it hove too or sailed in a circle

rogerthebodger

Visit site
What you need is a way of instantly stopping the boat when you fall over board....like a sail kill cord...explosive devices in the winches for example

Or just a way of putting the helm hard over the side of the tack you are on.

I did see a setup some years ago in PBO when I lived in the UK but never was developed.

I have hydraulic steering with a pump for autopilot so all I need to do is determine which tack I am on and turn the helm that way when I MOB crew saver detects a MOB

Daydream believer

Visit site
What you need is a way of instantly stopping the boat when you fall over board....like a sail kill cord...explosive devices in the winches for example
Have a word with the Mossad. They seem pretty good at explosive devices. But just do not try to operate the PLB at the same time as you might blow half of Falmouth into kingdom come :rolleyes: :unsure: :cry:

Bouba

Visit site
Have a word with the Mossad. They seem pretty good at explosive devices. But just do not try to operate the PLB at the same time as you might blow half of Falmouth into kingdom come :rolleyes: :unsure: :cry:
There’s a few in your car right now...ready to detonate and save your life